Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnrmczip

Stunning day ride along the Clyde with the wee man 14 miles again on his bmx not a moan from him looks like daddy is going to be out of pocket for a road bike for him. Not that I mind glad he enjoys it so much
https://www.endomondo.com/workouts/
Average pa e of 7mph but had to take it slow to be kind to oher people quick stop at the transport museum and back again.

Sandra6

Veteran
you missed out the chippy at Allonby? how could you?
Can I remind you of this? https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/l...exclaimed-the-little-girl.165131/post-3283972
:hungry: :laugh:
Ah, the codfather is quite new- it was shut anyway. The previous place was dire, but I'll give them a go next time on your recommendation :-)

BSRU

A Human Being
A hard 107km with over 1340m of going up, 1300 of those up metres were accumulated in the first 90km:training:.
It was a hard ride due to spending yesterday digging an allotment, even with a rotovator it was still a long hard day:tired:.

Still the weather was nice from the off unlike yesterday when it started nice then fogged over for the whole morning.

A big hill I'm glad the road went around.
C0006(1).jpg

A view of the hardest new climb I had to do today, 2.6km long with an average gradient of 5.4%:sweat:.
C0007(2).jpg

Finally my bike resting on a tree near the M4, as I needed to remove my baselayer:heat:.
C0008(1).jpg

Got home and finished off the remaining Easter fairy cakes followed by some fruit shortbread biscuits^_^.

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
No work means no pennies earnt this afternoon so I had to console myself with a ride to the coast. :sun:

Following my usual route, down through the forest where there was a brief hold up for geese on the road, through Beaulieu where there was a longer hold up with cows in the road & finally down to Lepe beach which was as I'd expected quite busy with kids being on holiday. After a quick drink & some pics I headed back for an unhindered return leg, back through Beaulieu, onto Lyndhurst, Woodlands Bartley & home for a 35 mile round trip.

https://www.strava.com/activities/281469715

001.JPG

Not only do we get ponies, cows, pigs & sheep in the road today there were geese as well!

007.JPG

A lone yacht anchored off the beach with the Isle of Wight in the background.

010.JPG

The Lepe lighthouse, built in 2000 as the Beaulieu river millennium beacon.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Another imperial century done today. Wind was easterly, so that's the way I went. Headed out to Rutland, through Oakham and passed the reservoir and up to Bourne in Lincolnshire. Was quite surprised how big Bourne was. Wind seemed to be in my face whichever direction I took and had to keep stopping to take calls from work so never felt like I ever got going.

The original route was 110 miles, but as usual I ignored bits of it and by the time I was nearly back at Leicester I figured I would be around the 115 mile mark, so was in two minds whether or not to do the double metric. At 115 miles my battery was on red so had to abandon the double metric and by the time I got home I had done exactly 118 miles.

After getting burnt on Monday I smothered myself in sun lotion today. I reckon I have collected enough flies on my arms and legs to have one for each mile I rode.

https://www.strava.com/activities/281499494

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Lovely ride out in the Sun, (That's the big round yellow thing up in the sky) 8 of us set of at 9am this morning heading for Norton Heath. Still a bit nippy first thing but soon warmed up. First time out in shorts and arm warmers, Uneventful ride really no punctures not a lot of traffic, plenty to eat when we got to the cafe, had a good breakfast and a nice ride back to Winchmore Hill for a cold drink.https://www.strava.com/activities/281475452
Capture%20breakfast.jpg
Capture%20Norton%20heath.jpg

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Took the time today to do a total Spring clean and fettle on my Giant Escape City hybrid.
Everything taken apart - wheels out, forks out, seat out, bottom bracket out, pedals off, brakes off, cables checked - the whole shebang!
Everything cleaned and inspected in minute detail, before being adjusted if necessary and then carefully reassembled.
Just ordered new cassette, chain and brake pads which needed replacing.
Ready for another year's hard use.:okay:
So...........................my ride today consisted of a quick ride around the block to make sure everything is OK.:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 23692

A bit tardy but hey ho :smile:

Last Thursday I did ride taking in parts of Notts, Derbys and Leics whilst I was in those parts visiting my folks.

From my parents, I headed west on a mix of rights of way and back streets to pick up the Erewash Canal towpath towards Long Eaton to pick up the mostly off road NCN 6 to Alveston in Derby, where if then heads Southwards to Melbourne - virtually all of this stretch is a mix of canal and converted railway.

Once passed Melbourne, it's back on the road towards Donnington Park, where I was hoping I could nip through the car park and cut out a chunk of narrow fast tarmac road, but as the Superbikes were on at the coming weekend the security chap said no :sad:. So I followed the road round the end of E.Mids Airport to the lovely downhill into Castle Donnington, where I took to the back streets again to pick up an old [muddy] lane which ended at Shardlow. From there it was a short run along the Trent and Mersey Canal to the new Long Horse Bridge across the Trent, which I followed all the way back towards Nottingham.

At Beeston Marina on the outskirts of Nott'm I said goodbye to the Trent and followed the Nottingham Canal to Dunkirk, and then took the cycle track to the University Campus, continuing on through Wollaton Park. After crossing the park I nipped through the back streets to cross Sandy Land Open Space LNR and back to my folk's house.

Just short of 42 miles most of which is off road.

I didn't take any photos but I did video some bits, which I've hurriedly edited and uploaded.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nze3TlqMIi4

and the usual map...

full.png

sgl5gjr

Been Busy in the Bike Workshop.....so less time for me to ride but more cash in the business account...lol.....
Serviced one customer bike this morning and the Teen was Itching to get her legs moving....so I said right lets go for a couple of hours as I knew the first bike was a 4 pm collection and another was in for a gear tune up at 3:30 pm...... As she had been out the past 2 weeks on D of E and other Guides activities she was "rusty" in the saddle..... when we went out last Sunday on a 12.2 mile with Mrs Sgl (yes the same old route BUT.... Mrs Sgl is getting much faster and fitter and now wants to stretch a longer ride) Teen was slow.... any way... back to today... we took the Teens favourite Village route...and we managed it in better time than she had done before *shock* and she was pleased with herself.....
Now we have planned to clean & re wax the chains tomorrow with my favourite brand Squirt...and ride a 23 miler on Friday with a stop for lunch.. she has never ridden this before so I'm guessing it's going to be a slow one....lol...

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
All that lovely weather over Easter, and Muggins was stuck at home doing the decorating and sorting out the garden. Then came the flatpack furniture. Couldn't wait to get back out on the bike, so I planned to slap it together as fast as humanly possible, then do a quick change into my cycling clobber and hit the road pronto. Now meet Archie..... He had other ideas, and got in the way so much I never got my ride in that day, and had to wait a further 2 days for my next fix..
12.jpg
Eventually got out again this morning on my restored Saracen Skyline ... my "explorer" bike. Thought I'd just go exploring at a gentle pace. No, not the upper reaches of the Nile or anything like that. Thought I'd start with Stonehouse. (Gotta start somewhere).Instead of just bombing through like usual, I took every sideroad I wasn't familiar with, and every turn where I'd always pondered "I wonder where that goes?" . Turns out it really isn't the most exciting place to explore, but I did get to climb a decent hill up to a care home outside town when I turned left just because i liked the name "Horsemarling Lane". The view from the top of Moreton Hill was surprisingly industrial though.
82 Moreton Hill.jpg

Twisted and turned my way through Stonehouse and Stroud, and eventually came across some nice old locks on the Stroudwater Canal.
84.jpg

... where I saw my first ducklings of the year.
83.jpg

Loosely followed the course of the Stroudwater Canal back to saul Junction, where it joins the Gloucester and Sharpness Canal.
85.jpg

I like Saul Junction. It is not only a canal crossroads, but also a residential marina, the site of a favourite local cyclists' cafe and a working boatyard. There are always boats coming and going, requiring the swing bridges to open and close regularly.
86.jpg

The stretch down to Framilode, where the Stroudwater canal is still silted up and full of reeds doesn't look like it will ever be restored. A lot of the money that has gone into restoring the other end of the canal is apparently not as altruistic as it seems. I have heard it said that the main reason for the restoration is that "London needs the water", and it is a way of tapping into the Severn via the canal system.
87.jpg

After Framilode, I headed back home along the dyke wall near Epney. The flood bank is the highest land around, and seems to attract the type of creatures with a "King of the Castle" mindset.
88.jpg

A nice leisurley 27.8 miles on my number 2 bike in glorious sunshine today. Good to be back on the road... and nice to just go exploring for a change. Back to the tougher stuff at the weekend, as I've arranged to go on a local 100km event towards my Metric Century a Month Challenge.
Cheers, Donger.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A very leisure twenty miles along the Scarborough to Whitby cycle route on the old railway track bed. Lots of stops to savour the sights, sounds and smells of coastal Yorkshire. I saw a barn owl hunting at dawn, several deer, stonechats, sky larks, more cock pheasants thna you could shake a stick at and the spectrum of gull varieties. I also heard some competitive woodpecking - there were three of them at it each producing their own 'notes' from different bearings. I celebrated my arrival in Whitby with a Glasdale pork pie.

10394600_10153241243658330_7791469604078025441_n.jpg

Sunrise from my wild camping spot.

10418365_10153241243798330_9123525616732278806_n.jpg

Road over bridge along the route

11130171_10153241243858330_4034673916563393790_n.jpg

Sustrans marker

21712_10153241244018330_784060308646592681_n.jpg

Robin Hood's Bay

11149338_10153241244173330_4181986749329567247_n.jpg

Whitby swings into view

11008409_10153240816988330_6174460841349531314_n.jpg

Whitby harbour

StickBouncer

Regular
Sneaked an 11 mile ride in on my own today. Went to Spixworth and back to pick up a rucksack ready for my walking holiday later in the year. Also did a spot of caching while there so average speed only 6 miles an hour. Stopped at morrisons on way back and bought 4 bottles of beer for £6 got home and paniced for about 5 minutes as could not find bottle opener. All is well now

Top Bottom