Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Today's target was Junes 100 km in for the metric century challenge . Didn't have a route planned but just a rough idea where I was heading and should be ok for distance .Out the door at 1000 Anstey ,Newtown Linford ,Markfield ,Thornton ,Bagworth ,Odestone ,Swepstone and on to some new roads out to Measham ,Moira and Overseal ( no sign of @Lilliburlero ) and couldn't find the road where @Lilliburlero has a Kom I would have tried ( and probably failed) . Netherseal ,Chilcote ,No Man's Heath and back to Austrey on familiar roads again . Warton ,Witherley ,Atterton ,Stoke Golding and to the cafe at Sutton Wharf . Coffee and a sausage cob consumed . Checked the milage 45 done so I just need to extend the homeward trip . Back on the bike and the legs felt terrible for the next 5 miles but pressed on Sutton Cheney ,Market Bosworth ,Newbold Vernon ,Desford ,Ratby ,Groby ,Anstey . Quick loop round the village and home with 61.3 miles in . Feet up enjoying a coffee when I realise 61.3 miles that's only 98 km :sad: I had miscalculated somehow :blush: so after a quick coffee it's back out on the bike to Newtown Linford and back for another 3 miles in the bag so target achieved :rolleyes:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Today's target was Junes 100 km in for the metric century challenge . Didn't have a route planned but just a rough idea where I was heading and should be ok for distance .Out the door at 1000 Anstey ,Newtown Linford ,Markfield ,Thornton ,Bagworth ,Odestone ,Swepstone and on to some new roads out to Measham ,Moira and Overseal ( no sign of @Lilliburlero ) and couldn't find the road where @Lilliburlero has a Kom I would have tried ( and probably failed) . Netherseal ,Chilcote ,No Man's Heath and back to Austrey on familiar roads again . Warton ,Witherley ,Atterton ,Stoke Golding and to the cafe at Sutton Wharf . Coffee and a sausage cob consumed . Checked the milage 45 done so I just need to extend the homeward trip . Back on the bike and the legs felt terrible for the next 5 miles but pressed on Sutton Cheney ,Market Bosworth ,Newbold Vernon ,Desford ,Ratby ,Groby ,Anstey . Quick loop round the village and home with 61.3 miles in . Feet up enjoying a coffee when I realise 61.3 miles that's only 98 km :sad: I had miscalculated somehow :blush: so after a quick coffee it's back out on the bike to Newtown Linford and back for another 3 miles in the bag so target achieved :rolleyes:

Great ride buddy :thumbsup:

Its a real shame that you missed the road of my KoM... :wahhey:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Currently studying my map :okay:

Its a local KoM for local people.There`s nothing for you here....

theleagueofgentlemen.jpg

:crazy:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Another great club ride, 9 of us set of from Winchmore hill, out to Navistock in Essex, a nice steady pace for the whole ride, had a few Essex honkers on route but that's expected. but no problem, lovely weather for the whole ride, got everyone back to Enfield, then the other half and myself had a nice cold beer and cheese and pickle sandwich at one of our loacals.:okay:
https://www.strava.com/activities/1018984549

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Today I rode to Great Budworths ice cream farm with the intention of having an ice cream. It was very busy. And I don't do crowds. So I had a chickin sammich and mug of tea from my flask a couple miles further on.
Rode through a myriad of nice little Cheshire lanes and barely a soul for miles on end at times.
But that bloody wind! It was draining me quicker than May draining the NHS and I wasn't all that spritely when I set off this morning to start with.
Left home about 10am and got back again just before 5pm having done 65 miles.
Waiting for the pizza delivery then I'll scoff that and nod off on my fiancee. I be knackered.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/15051592

Last edited:
Another lovely day here in the Netherlands and thankfully a bit cooler than yesterday. Route was out from Roosendaal were I live up to Willemstad, never been there before but its a lovely wee town with a nice harbour. I shall return another day for a wander about.
Some pictures of Willemstad

From here it was over into Zeeland with a café stop in Oude Tonge.
Had pannenkooken met spek en eiren and a couple of kofie verkerd, very tasty and definitely filled a gap

Then it was back into Noord Brabant and I headed down the Oosterdam. Nice tailwind here so it was fairly easy going to keep the speed up over 45kph. Final part of the ride was down through Woensdrecht again before heading back via Wouw. Total distance of just under 128km

Really enjoyable ride and definitely one to be repeated over the summer.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1018933819

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Another lovely day here in the flatlands. Went for a 15 mile saunter to Upware then along the Lode to Wicken Fen.

IMG_1987.JPG

That blob at the top of the tree is a cuckoo. A poor pic but you get the drift! It's peak cuckoo season here and they are all over the place. Can't believe they'll be heading south again in just 3 or 4 weeks. Autumn begins.

IMG_1988.JPG

Harrison's Drove. Another one of my nice quiet tracks.

IMG_1989.JPG

My route home across Burwell Fen. Bloomin' lovely!

Simontm

Veteran
Lo all. Been a while. Got me self a carbon so today was the first time out.

1FF868F9-BC77-43D4-9586-15762C20B9FA.JPG
Coupled with a lack of riding for a couple of months thought I'd do an easy 12 miler to get a feel for the Cube Agree.
Okay, that's faster and skitterish than I'm used to great fun. And the legs haven't complained!
A mate has bought his first road bike so out with him tomorrow. Doubt it'll be a fast as today but who knows

Diggs

Veteran
It's been a while, I've had a few busy weekends but been doing more cycle commuting and grabbing the odd hour here and there. It was lovely then to finally be free on a Saturday for the LBS social ride. Great numbers considering loads off to Cambridge, the sun came out and a new route. Even managed a quick group selfie whilst waiting for a couple who dropped off
tmp_17625-_20170603_112043-899656231.JPG

Top Bottom