Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Decided to go for a ride to town to see someone - who wasn't there when I got there! So took a bit of a tangential ride through the trails before heading home.

Was riding along the trail... When all of a sudden. A fallen tree blocked my path...

DSC_0017.JPG

Finally managed to get around it. *Ignore the finger*

DSC_0018.JPG

A water stop!

DSC_0022.JPG

On the way home!

DSC_0014.JPG

AndyWilliams

Über Member
Saturday: me and 2 mates rode from Slough to Paddington along the canal. What was only meant to be a one way turned into 3 pints, a packet of crisps and a ride back once all sober.
I didn't record the ride home but it was 46 miles after a short cut we found. Good day too.
We stopped off at The Three Bridges built by Isambard Kingdom Brunel in Southall, Ace Cafe for lunch and also went to Kensal Green Cemetery before the pub at Paddington.

3efbda05-0a81-4359-a6e3-50c8ca0c4b24_zpsxibdoiee.png

My friend recorded the ride
11206575_10153269785405450_4874713709182127345_o_zpsyrwtzbxx.jpg
11265394_10153269776195450_6164591249271263380_o_zpsitfe7ewz.jpg
IMG_20150516_134135586_HDR_zpsauiquvcl.jpg
11219475_10153269782215450_609935150584046436_o_zpsoys76h0w.jpg
IMG_20150516_170353378_HDR_zps4l1v3hft.jpg

^_^:bicycle::cheers:

-----------

Today (Monday): quick ride out on the MTB to clear the lungs, nothing fancy.

d910ac4f-eb32-4171-a35b-a0861fc93c8e_zps3yr0s1fz.png

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Ride day for me today, though have to say I really didn't fancy it, far too windy. On the plus side the sun was shining, so I opted for a heavy bike (CX), and rather than a planned ride thought I'd explore a few local back roads/bridleways, hoping for shelter from the wind. Started OK, but my first foray off the roads met with no less than 3 gates in a mile, 2 locked so lots of bike lifting. All very nice though.
19 May 2015 Whitehall Lane Farm Bld.jpg

Said hello to the horses and dog walker on the way through, before a brief spell on road, then off again towards Thorpe Green, no gates this time. For some reason I figured it would be further, but I'd only done 4 miles! So out through Lyne, Homewood Park, past St Peters Hospital then back to Runnymede before home. 20 miles in 2 hours again, nice to get out.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Me again.
Back from a nice ride. This one
New%20Bawburgh-Heth-Ketter%20Route%20to%20Hospital.jpg

Only I didn't stop at the usual place but carried on, through the UEA grounds, up the hill, to home. Just got in and there was a massive hail storm, with humungous hailstones. So bad that the dogs decided to come straight back in again, after being let out when we got home, and the pup left 'bunny' out there to fend for himself and still doesn't quite dare to go out again, even though the sun is shining again.

The bowthorpe cyclepath is still blocked off and has a big old JCB in the way. Stocks Hill went well although my legs were not feeling the love. By the time we got to Hethersett they were though, so I suggested carrying on. Actually, I have Hubster the choice whether to go the direct route home or carry on as the sun was shining. We carried on. Naturally, as soon as we crossed the A11, the rain started spitting but that's all it did for about 5 minutes and went away again. The BBC forecasted rain after 12 O'clock so maybe the rain didn't dare come until then.
We stopped at the top of the footbridge and watched the traffic for a minute or so, while I gave Hubster the choice of Bluebell or nip across the UEA and up the hill. He chose UEA and the hill.
16.53 miles in 1:17:25 so not too bad. Still a headwind up Melton Road. I think that the headwind just lives there now.

My ride today was not very far but my cycling mojo has left me and I needed to restart it with a bit of fun rather than 20 miles battling a fierce headwind. So I decided to try something I've thought about for other purposes.

apologies in advance for the tongue in cheek music and my poor video making skills

Katherine

Guru
Ride day for me today, though have to say I really didn't fancy it, far too windy. On the plus side the sun was shining, so I opted for a heavy bike (CX), and rather than a planned ride thought I'd explore a few local back roads/bridleways, hoping for shelter from the wind. Started OK, but my first foray off the roads met with no less than 3 gates in a mile, 2 locked so lots of bike lifting. All very nice though.
View attachment 89236
Said hello to the horses and dog walker on the way through, before a brief spell on road, then off again towards Thorpe Green, no gates this time. For some reason I figured it would be further, but I'd only done 4 miles! So out through Lyne, Homewood Park, past St Peters Hospital then back to Runnymede before home. 20 miles in 2 hours again, nice to get out.

Well done, you're building up the miles again!

Glow worm

Legendary Member
A cool and occasionally damp 43 miler here today from Newmarket to north Norfolk via Ely station.

The forecast was awful but it wasn't really that bad. A shower passed by at Wicken providing a nice excuse for a tea and cake stop there.

image.jpg

Burwell Fen from the bridge.

image.jpg

More angry skies above Ely.

A short train ride to Kings Lynn, a scoot around town then off up past Sandringham to a works do where a colleague was having a leaving Party. In a field. By a fire, in the rain. It was brilliant!

A few jars later, I headed off into the night, not seeing a single car in 20 miles. A barn owl near Anmer, and I think a tawny in the gloom near Syderstone were good to see. Arrived near Wells just before midnight after a lovely ride.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Nice ride this morning, on my usual ride to the hospital to meet Hubster from dialysis.
Marlingfor-Wym-Hosp%20route.jpg
Sort of a mish mash of 2 rides. I decided not to go up Stocks Hill for a change and headed to the right and through Marlingford turning off at the Wymondham turn off and crossing the B1108 and up the Pockthorpe Road to Wymondham itself. Through the town, past Howards the bike shop and the library. Then off towards where I used to live, along Park Lane and then off to Silfield, Wrenningham and then turned for Hethel and past Lotus.
Test track quiet today as I rode along the cyclepath. At the end I headed off to East Carleton, past the Manor and into and through Intwood, Cringleford and then to the hospital layby to meet Hubster.
23.72 miles in an hour and 37 mins, so averaging 14.5mph. I had a stop at Wrenningham and had a nibble on my protein bar. Stopped again, under a big tree to watch a downpour go by - another bit of protein bar. Then finished it off altogether when in the car and en route to home to get out of sticky, wet lycra.

Brilliant ride, only rain at the last 10 minutes, so pleased with that. I had hoped that it would hold off, and it mostly did. I have done my monthly target and 14 miles into the next bit. I've extended it a bit ^_^:bicycle:

Attachments

• Marlingfor-Wym-Hosp%20route.jpg
    Marlingfor-Wym-Hosp%20route.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 27

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
With just a 2 hour window this afternoon it was some of the regular New Forest roads for me, taking in Minstead, Emery Down & Bolderwood on the northern side of the forest before crossing the A35 to Rhinefield, Brockenhurst & Beaulieu on the southern side for a 36 mile round trip.

I wish spring would hurry up & get here as despite keeping up a reasonable (for me anyway) pace at no time was I warm enough to take off my arm warmers!!!

https://www.strava.com/activities/308190873

001.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
More angry skies above Ely.

A short train ride to Kings Lynn, a scoot around town then off up past Sandringham to a works do where a colleague was having a leaving Party. In a field. By a fire, in the rain. It was brilliant!

I remember that line, from Liverpool St to Kings Lynn. The announcer at Ely with the posh voice & the one at Downham Market with a very distinctive local accent. Bet it's changed now tho'.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
7 miles my distance this day. The new trail extension is complete, so I rode the 7 miles out and back, all on trail. So luxurious! Very cool, and threat of rain, 50 F and winds from the northeast at 16 mph, quite cloudy, but still a good day for a ride, as they all are. The Sirrus did a fine job, even in all the wind. And the trail is great, good transitions where it crosses roads and a nice asphalt surface to ride on. A bit too busy for more miles, what with a day full of errands, but a lot of fun in 40 minutes.

Top Bottom