Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
In the fat downtube. The charge point is at bottom of the tube just above the bottom bracket.

It’s not removable then?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Not for charging, but there's a big cover under the bracket shell for servicing/replacement.

Cool, I was just reading a couple of reviews, it fairs very well. It’s good that the battery can be replaced.
So far I think that’s the nicest looking e bike I’ve seen.

How long have you had it?

iandg

Legendary Member
Cool, I was just reading a couple of reviews, it fairs very well. It’s good that the battery can be replaced.
So far I think that’s the nicest looking e bike I’ve seen.

How long have you had it?

Since last October. Nearly 1000 miles on it now. I changed the saddle and bars and added the front carrier and bagman plus SPD pedals. Battery wise - today I used 37% over 38km, 39% of ride with no assist. I've had up to 100km from a full charge (because of the way I ride). I'm really happy with it. Handles well, comfortable and it's made a big difference to utility rides and shopping trips since selling my van :smile:

Last edited:

Alba Zeus

Über Member
I've been exploring the canal paths round my way recently. Very pleasant cycle from the Falkirk Wheel out to Linlithgow and Back. Lots to see and paths where pretty quiet for such a sunny day.

Took the e-bike but Level 1 all the way with it being so flat.

Plan on taking the train up to Clydebank (where the route starts) and cycling it through to Edinburgh (where it finishes) next weekend if the weather permits.
IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Since last October. Nearly 1000 miles on it now. I changed the saddle and bars and added the front carrier and bagman plus SPD pedals. Battery wise - today I used 37% over 38km, 39% of ride with no assist. I've had up to 100km from a full charge (because of the way I ride). I'm really happy with it. Handles well, comfortable and it's made a big difference to utility rides and shopping trips since selling my van :smile:

Did a couple of rides in your neck of the woods last week. From Mouswald out along the Solway Firth and up the Nith to Dumfries and another ride from Mouswald to Powfoot. Some great cycle country.

Not the best club TT for me tonight. I realised after I started I’d forgotten to stick the garmin display onto the power screen, but it was a good tail wind start so I just focussed on accelerating through the gears. Note to self don’t take the acute corner in top gear you’re liable to drop a chain which got me to the only marshalled corner at the right (wrong) time to meet a queue of car. There’s no visibility to anything other than the marshal and the slow queue of car at the junction so there was a lot of soft pedaling. Fortunately, just when I was about to unclip the marshal waived me into a gap. After that I didn’t bother changing my Garmin screen and just did the race on feel
:neutral_face:

Windle

Über Member
Another of my 'rides today' that wasn't today, but in fact Tuesday gone. An evening jaunt that was just going to be along the Binchester bike path to Spennymoor and back, from the Batts car park at Bishop Auckland. Faced with a not-warmed-up slog up the steep little pull into the town centre (Wear Chare) I bailed and went off along the road beside the river Wear and over Jock's bridge, where the river Gaunless flows into the Wear. I'd thought about trying to ride up through Bell Burn wood to join the railway path once before (we've walked it a few times) so I went that way instead, climbing up the very steep steps through the little wood at the point where the river Wear bends to briefly head back west before it resumes it northward flow. Once at the top I pottered across the fields opposite the protective tent enclosed Binchester Roman Fort and back down the other side to the end of the wood near to where it meets the road again. (The remains of the fort is under the plastic tent in the distance).

GOPR0966.JPG
Then up through the wood on the main path that follows the burn. Conveniently (as it's actually just a footpath not a bridleway) it was so damned muddy, rooty and strewn with fallen branches that I walked most of it, and by god it was sloppy in parts.
GOPR0967.JPG
The bike and my shoes (Muddy Fox ones, LOL) ended up covered in cack, but I got to the top eventually where the path goes under the railway route.
GOPR0968.JPG
It was peace itself in there, the bluebells seemed to have gone and the wild garlic was dying off, but still very aromatic. Once I'd climbed up onto the railway path I had to scrape my shoes and the bike free of mud with a handy stick.
I'd heard recently that this route has been tarmacked and sure enough a surface far superior to most of the roads around here presented itself, enabling a nice easy run across to Spennymoor and back past the lonely and long since unused platform of Binchester / Byers Green station.
GOPR0970.JPG
Whilst good news for bike path users I can't help feeling a teensy bit peeved that the council didn't use the time and resources to fix some of the roads instead. The gravel path that existed before was perfectly adequate and even that in itself was better than some bits of County Durham road that I ride on. I took the path as far as Canny Hill on the way back, under the Bishop's Bridge,
GOPR0972.JPG
past Park Head (Coundon) station, then climbed the decidedly overgrown steps up onto Durham road for a bomb back down to the bottom and up into the market place (exchanging a cheery bicyclist greeting with a roadie on a nice Canyon) before heading down Wear Chare and back to there car. I wish I'd had the computer on the gradient setting when going down there as I think it would have comfortably been in double digits but I wasn't going to let go of one of the brakes to change it. A steady 11 and a bit miles with 670 feet of climbing.
My bike in front of the decidedly grand and balconied Bish Vegas town hall.
GOPR0975.JPG

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A Friday afternoon post work ride in the sunshine through dusty lanes. All the crap from last Saturday’s monsoon has dried during the week.

12 miles, but better than nothing.
IMG_1904.jpeg

IMG_1905.jpeg

IMG_1906.jpeg

IMG_1907.jpeg

https://www.strava.com/activities/11487478612

And today a ride that was a little chilly.
Widey Hill is closed for resurfacing so there was a traffic jam down Bridgend. Bloody holiday makers that can’t drive in the narrow lanes.

Up Membland and along the coast before heading up to Westlake and down to Worston, then back up to Bull and Bear.
Home through Creacombe which made a figure of 8 ride.

16 miles. After a strange virus and pleurisy I just don’t have the gas in the tank for a longer ride at the moment.

https://www.strava.com/activities/11493804696

IMG_1922.jpeg

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1925.jpeg

Last edited:
A whopping 3min10secs down today on my course PB for the F14/25 Guilden Morden TT. I think I made a faux pa with the warm up hydration. I thought I had two full bottles but only one was full and perhaps I should have used a bladder with a few ml. Another local TT was cancelled though and the photographer turned up at this one, he takes great shots which made up for my poor performance 🙃

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yesterday: I had planned a morning ride with my brother but a few things got in the way so it was delayed until after lunch, then Doug went down with a migraine.:sad: It was therefore just me and I got out into a muggy afternoon on the Raleigh.

I thought I'd head for Cardington this time as I haven't been that way for a while. The first few miles were on roads I've used loads though to Condover (streams of traffic overtaking today including an Alfa Romeo 4C), Ryton, Longnor and onto the old Roman road towards Comley. The wind was surprisingly strong but I got along at a reasonable pace regardless. It was nice seeing a good number of other cyclists out, although they all seemed to be going in the opposite direction this time.

The climb to Folly Bank was a good test as it's the first time I've been this way since fitting the new shorter cranks to this bike. It feels subtly different but seems to climb just fine. The descent to Cardington was good fun on a clear road then I headed through Gretton towards Longville. I'd hoped that I'd pick up a tailwind around here but it stayed as an againsterley for the time being. That was offset though by the road to Hughley having plenty of nice flowing downhill stretches.

From Kenley Common I tool the road towards Harley. This is mostly decent riding but there was a lot of sloppy mud at one field entrance and shortly after that a pothole so big that half the road is missing.:blink: The rest of it wasn't too bad though.
I headed for Harnage Grange next then decided to change my planned route and take the lane to Harnage and Cound instead. That worked well as I did finally find the tailwind which helped up the climb to Harnage then I fulfilled a long held ambition of entering the speed limit at Cound doing the limit.^_^ The Shropshire county flag was flying today.

I thought I'd head up to the A458 which probably wasn't the best decision as it was very busy this time. Despite this I decided to stick with it into Cross Houses as I was able to keep up an easy 20mph with the wind helping. Everyone gave plenty of room.:okay:
Passing Berrington Hall I caught up with the only rider I'd seen headed in my direction all trip. I didn't try to overtake as I planned to turn left at the next junction and guessed that they'd be going straight on towards Shrewsbury (which they did).

I took Lyons Lane back to Condover then the dash to the main road, which I hoped would be a good one with the wind helping, and it was.:addict:

33.2 miles at 15.4 mph average. 1709 feet of climbing showing on Strava. I did enjoy that but it would have been good to have done the planned ride with Doug instead.

20240525_143904.jpg

The view to Caer Caradoc before starting the Folly Bank climb.

20240525_144913.jpg

20240525_144926.jpg

At the crossroads just after the summit.

20240525_145354.jpg

20240525_145400.jpg

A couple of shots from Cardington.

20240525_150911.jpg

Between Longville and Hughley, looking towards Wenlock Edge.

20240525_151424.jpg

At Hughley. This scene has actually been used as a film location many years ago in the Powell & Pressburger adaptation of Gone to Earth.

20240525_152521.jpg

Another view to Wenlock Edge, this time from Merrishaw.

20240525_153223.jpg

The countryside looks so lush at this time of year. This one taken near Harnage Grange.

Last edited:
Lol, I went to meet this morning and missed on the chat the Sunday or Monday meet had evolved to Monday. It was 11.5miles from my house on wet roads so after messaging to find out it was the wrong day with a bike now to clean I thought I’d better make it worthwhile. Got back to warm dry sunshine but I thought I’d better clean the bike. I was right to after I’d put the bike away a thunder storm appeared (I had to get something right)
:joy:

geocycle

Legendary Member
A wet ride to Kendal and Scout Scar. Was in about 10 minds as to whether to ride today given the forecast for heavy showers but after much dither and pacing Mrs G encouraged me out. I woke the Spa elan from its summer slumber thinking its mudguards, wide tyres, lights and disk brakes would be useful in the wet. Dry roads through the AONB soon gave way to the first downpour at Milnthorpe but I continued to Kendal. I had a coffee in the old K shoe factory shop which is otherwise empty now. Seconds after leaving the cafe it through it down again as I was riding up the hill to Scout Scar. At least the rain took my mind off thee hill! I pitched down the escarpment to Brigsteer and Levens where I made use of the village shop, it’s tea making facilities and its outdoor shelter. Still raining as I crossed the Kent estuary but stayed dry after that. Sounds awful but loved every minute! 84 km with 1030 m of climbing.

pictures from Scout Scar through the rain.

IMG_0553.jpeg

IMG_0554.jpeg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Well stone the crows, a ride OVER 20 miles!

21 to be precise. Down to Ermington and along the main road up to Ugborough. All the roads were so quiet today, hard to believe.

Then from Ugborough garage I came down the ridge road in the reverse to my usual route. To my left, blue sky, to my right… dark clouds! I was going right.

Mercifully it was only a light shower, but enough to put a jacket on.

Home via Creacombe.

https://www.strava.com/activities/11502802132

IMG_1933.jpeg

IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_1935.jpeg

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

IMG_1939.jpeg

IMG_1940.jpeg

IMG_1941.jpeg

IMG_1942.jpeg

Top Bottom