Your tips and tricks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake

stop at red lights
be wary of lorries
if in doubt, stop and get off and push bike
check weather before leaving house

bit anal, but i do keep a I.C.E. card on me with name, emergency contact numbers, blood group etc.

dondare

Über Member
Stevesparrow said:
What's Mashing Phil?

Forcing round a high gear.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I would recommend checking out a few different routes as you get fed up of the same one all the time - I do anyway!

Also, I make sure I have spare socks packed because they are usually the wettest thing. I also keep a couple of spare sets of batteries on me too for light failure!

My favourite gizmo for my bike bag though is a bottle of tyre seal instant repair stuff that you squirt into the inner tube if you have had puncture. It was £1.99 a tin from Decathlon and it always gets me home so the inner tube can be changed in the comfort of my own garage!

Mr Pig

Stick a few big cable ties in your seat tube, they can bodge loads of things, and carry a good multi-tool with pliers.

robz400

Whatever you do, don't borrow your mates brothers heap of a bike then ride at full speed down a hill laughing as you fly past a poor old lady in shopping buggy thing and expect the front wheel to stay attached when you try to bump up a kurb!!

I'm sure she smilied as she wobbled past me at 4mph whilst i was lying on the floor in pain. :biggrin:

I think its called instant karma! (I was 15!!)

twowheelsgood

loctite is your friend, use it on everything that isn't supposed to move. You can get a tiny (5g) tube and carry it in the toolkit (from a model shop, usually for radio controlled cars which otherwise shake themselves to bits).

I've NEVER had any issue with SPD bolts coming undone in 10 year of using them.

It also prevents corrosion too, especially where two different metals come together and otherwise you'd have an electrolytic effect.

Mr Phoebus

Practice your favourite put-down retort, so you're confident and ready for the next driver who 'shouts out at you'.

pinkkaz

Veteran
goo_mason said:
Always check behind you when loosing off a snot rocket on a windy day.

Always check the wind direction when loosing off a snot rocket, as having it end up down your side / front isn't cool.

Ew gross. That's totally put me off my toast.

I have had to dodge spit on a couple of occasions but that would take the biscuit!

robz400

The only two tools you'll ever need are duct tape and wd40:

If it doesn't move and should use the WD40
If it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape
:biggrin:

Top Bottom