Your tips and tricks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would recommend extreme caution with regard to velcro-attachable helmet peaks off the covers of UK mountain bike magazines... :biggrin:!

gbb said:
Clean your brake cartridges regularly, especially in the winter.
Last year i nearly ruined a set of wheels by hearing a harsh sound when i applied the brakes....but ignored it.
When i did check it out..i was amazed how much flint and crud gets embedded in the pads...all slowly wearing away your rims.
+1. I did ruin my back wheel.:biggrin:

pinkkaz

Veteran
I've got a genuine tip, discovered today! If you have long hair, wear it in pigtails! I did, and today I'm not suffering from sweaty hair syndrome quite as much as usual and kept a nice cool neck throughout.

Might work from a safety point of view for guys if driver think you are a young girl as well! :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Don't go into a shop after having 'let off a snot rocket' with a cold face, only to warm up inside and discover, when leaving, said 'snot rocket' is hugging your cheek! ;)

Just visualised a facehugger from alien:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Just remembered,if you have locked your bike up in a public place,check your gears are lined up,i once came out of the gym to find a couple of guys chatting stood next to my locked bike,one was clicking the quickfire triggers for the gears without even realising it as he was talking.

col said:
Just remembered,if you have locked your bike up in a public place,check your gears are lined up,i once came out of the gym to find a couple of guys chatting stood next to my locked bike,one was clicking the quickfire triggers for the gears without even realising it as he was talking.
It doesn't need to be a public place before we got an actual bike locker at the work we had to leave the bikes in a stairwell. I often found my shifter tampered with.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
User1314 said:
However, my legs are hairy.
Try corn-rows! ;)

Top Bottom