Your tips and tricks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Jake said:
better check the oil, tires, fuel, windscreen is clean

Why? My wife never does any of that and she get around just fine!

goo_mason said:
Always check behind you when loosing off a snot rocket on a windy day.

Always check the wind direction when loosing off a snot rocket, as having it end up down your side / front isn't cool.

Don't go into a shop after having 'let off a snot rocket' with a cold face, only to warm up inside and discover, when leaving, said 'snot rocket' is hugging your cheek! :wacko:

gbb

Legendary Member
Clean your brake cartridges regularly, especially in the winter.
Last year i nearly ruined a set of wheels by hearing a harsh sound when i applied the brakes....but ignored it.
When i did check it out..i was amazed how much flint and crud gets embedded in the pads...all slowly wearing away your rims.

small fish

I'm all for fast progress but whenever I consider whether to undertake/overtake any lump of stationary or slow moving metal I remind myself:-

"If it's in front of me it can't kill me"

sometimes gaining 20 seconds isn't worth the risk.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
gbb said:
Clean your brake cartridges regularly, especially in the winter.
Last year i nearly ruined a set of wheels by hearing a harsh sound when i applied the brakes....but ignored it.
When i did check it out..i was amazed how much flint and crud gets embedded in the pads...all slowly wearing away your rims.
Now that's a thing I've never done. Should you, really? As a matter of course, or only if something seems strange/noises?

hackbike 6

small fish said:
I'm all for fast progress but whenever I consider whether to undertake/overtake any lump of stationary or slow moving metal I remind myself:-

"If it's in front of me it can't kill me" (Unless it rolls backwards or blows up)

sometimes gaining 20 seconds isn't worth the risk.

Yes good post.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
BentMikey said:
You're not kidding Goo!

It should be something they do to each other on 'Jackass' or 'Dirty Sanchez'. See how they cope with REAL pain rather than all of the pathetic girly stuff they do like nailing their scrotum to planks of wood... :tongue:

Top Bottom