YouTube Dilema

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
jonny jeez said:
What culture? why am I always the last to know.

please, can somebody let me know when i join a culture (I would have worn something more formal)

if there is a culture, I can assure you I am not a member.

Not culture, 'culture'.

jonny jeez said:
Safety.
Yes, deleted along with 99% of all my footage (that i dont even review)

For my part, I dont "upload" videos to youtube very often, if I do, I make a habit of trying to make them informative or helpful in some way or just funny.

I agree that chasing offending drivers is a really bad idea...for us all... and there is something to be said for the negative image that it conveys to other road sharers.

but, after all said and done, nothing will stop me recording my rides.

Jmetz

jonny jeez said:
For my part, I dont "upload" videos to youtube very often, if I do, I make a habit of trying to make them informative or helpful in some way or just funny.

I agree that chasing offending drivers is a really bad idea...for us all... and there is something to be said for the negative image that it conveys to other road sharers.

but, after all said and done, nothing will stop me recording my rides.

And that is exactly what headcams should be for, in my opinion, informative or funny videos.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Removing the version I mentioned because it was missing the rear facing footage which is important. Should be ready in about 20 minutes.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Jmetz said:
And that is exactly what headcams should be for, in my opinion, informative or funny videos.

although, just to add to the polemic, this is (as a lot of you tube posters would argue) the point of showing conforntational material...to inform.

which is not to say that I agree with that stance, as I feel to much of it is confrontation for its own sake and actually acheives and educates very little.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I saw the first one, and didn't think much of it, just the usual crappy overtake. but coupled with the rear, it clearly shows he just pushed through and didn't give you much room when he started to pass.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Bus lane: check
Cyclist: check
Hackney carriage: check
Stupid and dangerous pass by taxi: check

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
dondare said:
Who's horn?

It was my AirZound.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
gaz said:
I saw the first one, and didn't think much of it, just the usual crappy overtake. but coupled with the rear, it clearly shows he just pushed through and didn't give you much room when he started to pass.

The first video looks very tame, not worth uploading but the rear view is what makes it.

Strangely enough another taxi driving perfectly safely is forced wide by him in order to allow him to overtake me.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
I should add that this would not have happened before May 1st as that is when the local council decided to allow taxi's to use bus lanes, for a fee of course.

bryce said:
Wondering whether the actual act of securing a camera to one's bike makes you more uptight? I know I'm usually more relaxed without my HRM/ speed computer.

What compels cam-wearers to attach the cam day-in day-out? I can understand it for a nice ride in the countryside. But filming the same commute twice every day?

What happens to the daily commutes when nothing happens? Deleted? If so, then does dangerous driving count as a 'highlight'? Very weird world for me...

Speed Computer...I am no longer trying to prove how fast I am...Those days are gone...Nice to see an upturn in form from me as I have been faster this year...

Helmet Cams....A lot of the time I forget the thing is on now and sometimes forget to turn it off....

A workmate caught up with me at Mile End the other day (on his moped) and said "get him on my camera at the lights"....I actually thought he wanted me to take a photo with my camera phone...I had forgotten about the camera on my helmet...(fnarr fnarr).:wacko:

BSRU said:
While I was in a bus lane, which allows taxis, a taxi overtook me leaving very little space between us. I guessed where he was going, a small detour for me, and managed to catch him up in order to get a good facial shot. He immediately apologised for being to close, stating a car on his right had caused him to pass too close. I will review my video later to see if his excuse holds up.
My dilemma is that his apology seemed genuine enough although he was a little shocked I had managed to catch him up, I am not a small guy and probably he may have noticed the camera stuck on top of my helmet. Did not help his cause by the fact he had parked his empty taxi in a parent/toddler space despite plenty of normal spaces available.

Often small men feel big in their 1200kg of metal. And some people are clever enough to play soft and pretend to be sorry, specially good with the Police, arguing won't get you anywhere.

As for the other car forced him in - poor excuse, it's like the drivers that pass you and go "but you were wobbling all over the road", which is pretty much the perfect excuse NOT to overtake.

Parking in that bay at the end, although not the crime of the century, starts to build up a general attitude... one of someone that just doesn't care.

Sheffield_Tiger said:
....and then upload it elsewhere other than YT and let them get frustrated knowing there is footage of them somewhere but thay can't see what it is

http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php?date=2010-05-10

heh

Do I get the impression that Lee is resisting any options of legal defence or retribution against bullying motorists by cyclists?

I get the message that cameras are evil because sh*tty driving is the acceptable norm. But then again, it is only from him...but then RLJ'ing is not defendable.

That was a close overtake, endangering other road users in the outer lanes, probably more for them than the cyclist posting it.

**Editing this because Lee's playing of the devil's advocate often polarizes these threads after all**

Top Bottom