You've been making beans on toast wrong says Heinz.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I also find I get a bit irritated by someone (the manufacturer in this case) telling me I'm doing something wrong. I'm not doing it wrong, I'm doing it my way to suit my preferences. Same for everyone else.
Give us some credit for chrissakes
I think what they are trying to do is give the consumers the method that gives them the best possible taste and experience, eg not boiling the mix, although that may be at odds with what some think.

a.twiddler

Veteran
At risk of being cast into outer darkness I have to confess to making the toast in the toaster then after buttering it, putting the cheese on then bunging it in the microwave to melt it. Marmite optional. Then the beans go on separately, after warming them up in the microwave too. I'm such a terrible person!

classic33

Leg End Member
Apparently Brits eat Baked Beans on toast at least once a week. Heinz say some of us are doing it wrong so have posted a guide of how to do it the correct way. So, are they right?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/food-drink/youve-been-making-beans-toast-8841908

View attachment 710672
It's Etiquette expert William Hanson, not Heinz who have said it's being done wrong.

On a side note, on Inside The Factory, they said there's only three people that knew the full "secret recipe". That piece says there's four.

gbb

Legendary Member
Sorry but no Marmite or cheese = WRONG

Yebbut....hmm, it's sounds appealing to me. Never tried it but I have had cheese on toast with Lee And Perrins, to extend that to marmite, maybe ?
But in beans ?....no' I'd agree
At risk of being cast into outer darkness I have to confess to making the toast in the toaster then after buttering it, putting the cheese on then bunging it in the microwave to melt it. Marmite optional. Then the beans go on separately, after warming them up in the microwave too. I'm such a terrible person!

No, you're just adapting something to suit you :smile:

a.twiddler

Veteran
I suppose you'd say I was bean off topic here, but chilli sauce goes quite well with Cheddar. Or would that make it too much of a hot topic?

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
An etiquette 'expert' is that an actual job? Good grief! The world is more mental than I thought! Two slices of toast, one uncut unbuttered in the middle of the plate. Other slice buttered, cut in two and placed either side of centered slice and hot beans poured over the top. You're welcome. :-)

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Only ever tried them once, never again, absolutely horrible.
I also don't know anyone else who eats them either?

simongt

Guru
Haven't had BOT for ages, but my preference is for HP bake beans. To me they don't seem to taste as sweet as Heinz.
But then, taste is such a broad canvas, there isn't really any 'right or wrong' regarding food. :okay:

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's interesting @simongt . I thought Heinz made a big thing about reducing the sugar and salt in their BBs to make them more healthy? Doesn't always make them taste better I guess. You pays yer money.

Top Bottom