You've been making beans on toast wrong says Heinz.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
This is how Heinz says we should do it,:

View attachment 710722

Completely wrong, step 1 should be light a fire, coal preferably, but hard wood is acceptable as long as you let it burn up to a good red heat, with no flames, when the coals or wood are nicely incandescent toast the bread for a maximum of 5 seconds for each side and butter immediately. Electric toast is a poor substitute.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
No baked beans full stop.
I honestly just thought they were for kids really. I don't know any adult who eats them.

Do you find that people often call you a condescending twat?

markemark

Über Member
I always find it strange that something like haricot beans in a tomato sauce has become a breakfast/snack favourite. Imagine it being softened diced turnips in a herb butter sauce that everyone has with the eggs 'n bacon or on toast.

Most other items on a full English, I get. But take a step back, and look at baked beans for what they actually are made from, and it's a very odd bed-fellow.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
look at baked beans for what they actually are made from, and it's a very odd bed-fellow.

Yes I suppose it is. But many popular dishes were born out of necessity or simply what was available at the time to bulk out a meal. The full English is almost more of a tradition than it is a culinary masterpiece. Another example would be yorkshire pudding; it's not the first thing I'd conjure up if I were making a roast dinner, but I htink it was orginally used as a starter to fill you up

markemark

Über Member
Yes I suppose it is. But many popular dishes were born out of necessity or simply what was available at the time to bulk out a meal. The full English is almost more of a tradition than it is a culinary masterpiece. Another example would be yorkshire pudding; it's not the first thing I'd conjure up if I were making a roast dinner, but I htink it was orginally used as a starter to fill you up

Full English, cheap cuts of pigs, black pudding, and abundance of eggs. That I get. But how many farmers/workers found themselves with a store cupboard full of haricot beans and tomatoes they were unsure how to use up?

Alex321

Veteran
No baked beans full stop.
I honestly just thought they were for kids really. I don't know any adult who eats them.

We have them every now and then. There are always a few tins in the house, probably eat some about once a month on average, maybe a little more, though not all that often on toast for me.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Top Bottom