Zebra crossing footage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Taxi does pretty much the same thing on the opposite lane. Didn't see anyone jump in front of him(her)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
As I understand it, both are wrong. Cyclist proceeds against precedence, pedestrian lingers on crossing. Some say there's assault but I've not actually watched it yet.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Nobber vs nobber.

Cyclist is a nobber for passing too close to the pedestrian. He did slow and move to the right to pass behind, so did technically give priority. IIRC the law doesn't require you to stop at a zebra, merely to give way. That said, it was a bit close for comfort so it would have been better to wait.

Pedestrian is a nobber for escalating the situation and deciding to play silly buggers in the middle of the road while gobbing off incorrectly (iirc) about the law.

Reactions: mjr

e-rider

crappy member
the cyclist should have slowed more and proceeded with more caution at a safer distance, however, the ped was a complete knob in his continued actions too
the fact he's been hailed a hero is just insane - this anticycling movement is just madness - does it exist in a similar form in any other country? British people have some very strange ideas sometimes

Firestorm

Veteran
I had a similar situation on a pelican crossing in Mansell street , lights went red and there was a bloke on a bike maybe 25 yards away , I started to cross but he kept going but was weaving a bit and obviously was not going to slow down.
I stopped but he appeared to be coming straight at me , I chose to step back, at the moment he decided to whip round behind me . He rode straight into my rucksack.
After he picked himself up he chased after me and made several attempts to kick me.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Too many self-gratification artists looking for a fight these days . I guess they spent their youth playing computer games rather than getting a kicking at the local park so dont understand getting in someones face can hurt rather than win you points .

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Why did the guy turn and walk back to get in the cyclists way, clearly decided the cyclist was someone he could bully unlike the taxi he'd just narrowly got out of the way of.

Mind you the cyclist is a dickhead too.

Reactions: mjr

dim

cyclist was at fault .... he never even slowed down. Had he hit the pedestrian, he would be working for many years paying the liability charges

Top Bottom