Zebra crossing footage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've decided to endorse this view without bothering to watch the video.
I haven't watched it either though, fearing Ian's right, I'm going to pretend I have no opinion.

snorri

Legendary Member
Reactions: mjr

Profpointy

Legendary Member
That's simply not true.

Might be a grain of truth in it in the sense that a claims company won't bother claiming off someone without insurance as they'd have to prove their claim. Insurers are likely to settle even dubious claims to make them go away.

Legally no difference of course

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I wear cloth caps.

You sir, are a degenerate.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
cyclist was at fault .... he never even slowed down. Had he hit the pedestrian, he would be working for many years paying the liability charges
Similarly, if the cyclist hadn't managed to unclip and had toppled over, the pedestrian might be paying the liability charges for that assault.

I tried to watch it but all I got was an advert for a car.
Here's another copy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4K8AjNIVPA

That's interesting. As far as I was aware, there was no specific offence of jaywalking in this country. Does this mean that jaywalking is an offence, but only if you're on a crossing? I would love that to be true.
Not quite, as jaywalking's usually crossing without a crossing signal. This was more like highway obstruction that escalated into a minor assault.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't see why the cyclist didn't just stop.
He thought there was a sufficiently wide clear path through the crossing, so even if a walker fell, he would still be clear and not have committed any offence, as @srw and @snorri correctly explained. He just failed to allow for the mistaken vigilante doing a U-turn and grabbing him.

Top Bottom