Zefal vs Lezyne pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ExBrit

Über Member
I apologize if this has been asked before, but has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of the old Zefal and new Lezyne pumps? Is the new one still plastic?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Is this about Bromptons?

I don’t have the new, Brompton labelled pump, but I do have a Lezyne pump, which is aluminium (I think!).
it is very good, and I have it in my saddle bag.
Brilliant Bikes are good for YouTube informatio.

@Cycleops I’m pretty sure you don’t need to have a Brompton to use the pump @ExBrit mentions, it would work for other tubes, but I understood the question related to a very recent release of a dual branded Lezyne/Brompton pump, designed to replace the original, plastic, and not very good Zefal pump, which was often supplied with most new Bromptons.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ExBrit

ExBrit

Über Member
Hey guys - yes this is specifically about the new Brompton pump. The Brilliant Bikes video talks about installation of the new pump but that's about it. I haven't seen a comparison yet and can't actually get much information about the new pump. I understand it's slightly lighter than the Zefal which makes me think it is plastic, but I can't find confirmation.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Hey guys - yes this is specifically about the new Brompton pump. The Brilliant Bikes video talks about installation of the new pump but that's about it. I haven't seen a comparison yet and can't actually get much information about the new pump. I understand it's slightly lighter than the Zefal which makes me think it is plastic, but I can't find confirmation.
Just found this on the Brompton site:
The sleek CNC Machined Aluminium body designed with both weight and style in mind mounts to the Brompton rear frame (mount included) - ready to grab and go whenever it’s needed.

Kell

Veteran
Mine fell off years ago.

Lost it somewhere around Hyde Park. Ever since, I carry one in my rucksack.

I've not looked at where it mounts since, but I'd certainly recommend trying some sort of hook and loop strap around it to give extra support on bumpy roads.

Top Bottom