Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mythste

Veteran
Hello!

Right, I'm a bit late to this party but this seems like the best place to get some information.

I really like the idea of virtual training for "an hours spin when i get home form work" sort of a job. I'm eyeing up a Tacx flow smart trainer as a relatively budget way of getting on board. Does anyone have one/any other ideas on doing it on a budget? I have a semi capable MacBook pro and an iPad Pro (looking at the previous post I think the iPad might actually work better when fully released).

Is there much else to consider?

Thanks!

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Just got myself a Tacx Flow Smart. Had a bit play on the phone app to calibrate and test the slope resistance but need to wait for my Ant+ stick to arrive before i can Zwift. Turbo is a bit noisy even with the trainer tyre but I can live with it. Running Zwift ok on a little HP Stream with everything on low settings :smile: Only spectating for now.

mythste

Veteran
Just got myself a Tacx Flow Smart. Had a bit play on the phone app to calibrate and test the slope resistance but need to wait for my Ant+ stick to arrive before i can Zwift. Turbo is a bit noisy even with the trainer tyre but I can live with it. Running Zwift ok on a little HP Stream with everything on low settings :smile: Only spectating for now.

Let me know how you get on with it! The flow is top of my list at the moment, purely as it seems to represent pretty good value for money

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Hi, I'm new to Zwift, currently on the free trial, having been with Bkool for the past 16 months...
I did the Hare and Hounds round London on Thursday evening and have to say I really enjpyed it but noticed my power readout was up around 70w compared to similar effort in Bsim. Any ideas to why this would be or how to fix it? I definately didnt get stonger!:smile:

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Had my first go on Zwift today, only 3 miles but the sweat was pouring out of me. Tacx Flow Smart performed well, I could feel the gradients. Turbo does make a noise but I had a mat down and I am on ground level anyway. Think i might need an extension for the usb ant+ though ,signal dropped unless the laptop was near the trainer and i stretched the telly's hdmi lead a bit. Brilliant fun though.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Well the Flow Smart went back to Halfords today. Started clicking loudly when going slowly, lots of videos on Youtube of the same problem. Disappointed. Back to researching turbos.

mythste

Veteran
Well the Flow Smart went back to Halfords today. Started clicking loudly when going slowly, lots of videos on Youtube of the same problem. Disappointed. Back to researching turbos.

Oh no! This does not bode well. I hear Santa is bringing me one.

Let me know what you end up going for, at that price it seems to be in a class of its own, and not necessarily in a good way it appears!

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Strange one, it only happened when it was warmed up after a few K's and I was slowing down so on low revs. Wife would kill me if I bought a Neo :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have the Tacx Flow Smart and it's been fine, so just a problem with your unit. It's good for the money as I got mine for £140. It's quiet, as I can hear the speakers on the laptop easily and my radio. The old fashioned turbos were noisy, very noisy.

Dishy

I had the same clicking issue with my flow, then it stopped showing.up on zwift, bkool and tacx app. Was hardware fault so took it back to halfords and got a new 1.. fingers crossed this 1 lasts longer than 4 weeks! If not new make and model i think

Garry A

Calibrating.....
It was good apart from that clicking but as they never had another in the branch i just got a refund. Looking at other brands but they're all more expensive.

Top Bottom