Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I downloaded the printable maps linked and laminated them for sweat resistance, though once you select a course it will take all the required turns.

http://zwiftblog.com/route-details/

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Oh and, there are climbs but not how bkool does them. They're within the course and selected route, but you can't start at the bottom of Alp Du Watopia (made up), you'd ride around to it in either direction. ie: Box Hill in London has a reverse hill called Fox Hill, it's shorter but steeper (I've never done it actually and missed the chance while riding today)

Dishy

I find zwift is alot more consistant when climbing unlike bkool which can all of a sudden go from 0 gradient to 5 so pretty much stalls you pedalling!

mythste

Veteran
I've spent a few hours now with Zwift and the Tacx flow smart. Bloody impressive for the price! There's a bit of lag when you put the power down which can make catching up and then latching onto a bunch a bit tricky in sprint sections but other than that, thumbs up from me!

I think I'm going to invest in a flux for some serious training though :laugh:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Nope all it does is smooth out the power figure on screen. Instant readings are erratic where 3 or 5 second avg power is much smoother, even from a calibrated power meter.

It doesn't influence the trainer at all

AlanW

Guru
Nope all it does is smooth out the power figure on screen. Instant readings are erratic where 3 or 5 second avg power is much smoother, even from a calibrated power meter.

To be honest, even set on the max delay time, its still pretty much impossible to do any sort of specific power based training IMHO. The only way I have found to do it is via using a third party device to monitor it, such as a Garmin 520. I think from memory I have mine set on 10 second delay?

T.M.H.N.E.T

To be honest, even set on the max delay time, its still pretty much impossible to do any sort of specific power based training IMHO. The only way I have found to do it is via using a third party device to monitor it, such as a Garmin 520. I think from memory I have mine set on 10 second delay?
Something like that yeah, I like nice smooth data on road.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
After returning the defective Tacx Flow I bought myself a Cycleops Fluid 2 and the Garmin speed and cadence sensors, already have a HRM. It doesn't have the computer adjusted tension but it's still really good and a bit quieter than the Tacx. Did my first 10 mile cycle on Zwift today, sweating like buggery :okay:

mythste

Veteran
It ain't pretty but it works... some of you may have seen this and the ridiculous amount of comments on the Zwift Facebook group :laugh:

Attachments

• IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom