Zwift - All things Zwift and more

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Ok thanks , no idea what you're on about but my daughter will I'd imagine I'll ask for her to try & update those for me , strange having problems with Zwift but BKool works fine

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Zwift is a bit more intense on pc hardware

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Zwift is a bit more intense on pc hardware

Yes i thought that , does lok a bit more appealing to the eye than Bkool hence why i thought that i'd try it out but iot's not to be for now , i'd like to thank you for trying to help me with it though , sounds like a good excuse to get a new PC then , Mrs Tiny agree's to so a win win situation lol - thanks again appreciated

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Zwift needs a newish CPU with integrated video as a minimum. I run Zwift on a laptop with a 3.4ghz i7 with an Nvidia graphics card

Thanks for that , i can't decide on a laptop or one of the 2 in 1 computers to use , the 2 in 1 had a screen size of 23.6" iirc that looked good , still undecided what to get as of yet ,my fan is on it's way , mat on its way , looking at a bench / table to put it on , it's all systems go !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll manage with 1 fan in winter if the trainer is somewhere cool. I've had to use 2 fans in the garage over spring/summer.

A laptop might give you more options on where to set up the trainer, but it will be a little more expensive for one with a dedicated graphics card.

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
Laptop or All in One PC will both work well. I run mine on a PC which is on top of cupboards in the garage(!) and HDMI cables then run to an old flat screen TV which works well. In some respects a little less flexible/movable than a laptop but is a cheaper/value set up. Also, if I need to upgrade the graphics card it will be cheaper/easier.

Not the most glamorous but as I don't keep the bike on it 24/7 it serves me well :okay:

image.jpeg

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
Tidy install that @Buck thanks for sharing , got me thinking of a flat screen TV now linked via HDMI , mines all going in a gym iv'e built outside so area is fixed as such so doesn't need to be a portable set up , laptop i could use elsewhere whem i'm finished on the trainer as apposed to a pc , all in one that would stay set up like your's is

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Laptop or All in One PC will both work well. I run mine on a PC which is on top of cupboards in the garage(!) and HDMI cables then run to an old flat screen TV which works well. In some respects a little less flexible/movable than a laptop but is a cheaper/value set up. Also, if I need to upgrade the graphics card it will be cheaper/easier.

Not the most glamorous but as I don't keep the bike on it 24/7 it serves me well :okay:

View attachment 149098
That's a neat setup :tongue:

ps: I shall be back once my Flux arrives :becool:

madferret

Über Member
Mine runs fine without a dedicated graphics card. Lenovo Yoga 2 13. Intel Integrated Graphics. Its not a gaming machine by any means, but I can play some games on it and it runs Zwift/Bkool fine.

Tommy2

Über Member
I have 2 slightly older Samsung laptops that won't play zwift because the drivers? aren't good enough, tried downloading the Windows driver update finder thing but no drivers were found.
Is there a cheap option to get it working or is it a matter of buying a more up to date laptop?

OP
OP
Buck

Buck

Guru
I had the same with my laptop so ended up buying a new PC that was high spec enough to run Zwift.

If you have an iPad then they are just finishing the Beta testing and this will be an option?

400bhp

Guru
I had the same with my laptop so ended up buying a new PC that was high spec enough to run Zwift.

If you have an iPad then they are just finishing the Beta testing and this will be an option?

Interesting. I'm a little surprised Zwift isn't available on game consoles yet but I can understand they are feeling their way still.

I like to do my own programs and find zwift annoying that you can't access the program menu unless you're all hooked up to the bike.

Top Bottom