Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
How's the knee Tommy?
👀

😀

As bob has just reminded us all...while he doesn’t have exclusive rights on having a knee injury. It appears he would like to keep the exclusive rights to bleating on about it! 😁

Its an arrangement that suits me too 😄

(But I’m ok thanks Michael. Getting there 👍)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Was having asthma issues in the ride, turned into a bit of an attack all night. If Rach was here she'd have given me a stiff talking to for being an idiot ..... she'd have also given me some pep talk not to get dropped from the lead group in the next race as I clearly wasn't working hard enough :laugh:

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Was have asthma issues in the ride, turned into a bit of an attack all night. If Rach was here she'd have given me a stiff talking to for being an idiot ..... she'd have also given me some pep talk not to get dropped from the lead group in the next race as I clearly wasn't working hard enough :laugh:

Bloody hell! Hope you weren't too bad! :ohmy:

I was going full gas last night myself, after that first climb I could taste blood in my mouth, always a good sign that you are giving it the beans :laugh:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Enjoyed that race even with a mediocre finish of 65th of 92 finishers. (I'm not sure how come there were 92 finishers as 15 teams x 6 riders = 90 in my old worlde maths).

It seems I don't have the power or w/kg to stay with the front group in this company to avoid being in the split. Once the groups had formed, I was in a mob of around 10 which included @Alongo the rest of the race. I was fairly comfortable in it and at times it felt we were cruising. We mopped up a handful of stragglers along the way. Unfortunately I got a feather for the inevitable sprint for the line and didn't beat many of the group.

Well done to the whole team and thanks to @CMaguire who did well on his first attempt with us.

The vid is here if anyone wants to see it.

View: https://youtu.be/FgO5Rkd0jMg

Whorty

Bloody hell! Hope you weren't too bad! :ohmy:

I was going full gas last night myself, after that first climb I could taste blood in my mouth, always a good sign that you are giving it the beans :laugh:
Happens far too often but I'm used to it so don't panic (which makes it worse). I shouldn't really push too hard in races but, you know, once the race starts it's hard to hold back :crazy: A bit better today, blue inhaler should see me right :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
As bob has just reminded us all...while he doesn’t have exclusive rights on having a knee injury. It appears he would like to keep the exclusive rights to bleating on about it! 😁

Its an arrangement that suits me too 😄

(But I’m ok thanks Michael. Getting there 👍)

Mate - why so defensive? I was just looking on out of sympathy and interest. I am pleased to hear that little knock you took is healing up well 👍

Joffey

Big Dosser
Happens far too often but I'm used to it so don't panic (which makes it worse). I shouldn't really push too hard in races but, you know, once the race starts it's hard to hold back :crazy: A bit better today, blue inhaler should see me right :okay:

I was struggling with my breathing for an hour or so after too. Seems to be fine this AM but I have a banging headache - I think I should have drank more fluids last night.

Del C

Veteran
Enjoyed that race even with a mediocre finish of 65th of 92 finishers. (I'm not sure how come there were 92 finishers as 15 teams x 6 riders = 90 in my old worlde maths).

That could be down to lazy bastards DSs like me who have to register to join the race, but never leave the pen.

Whorty

I was struggling with my breathing for an hour or so after too. Seems to be fine this AM but I have a banging headache - I think I should have drank more fluids last night.
It was a hard ride, big efforts. A great workout - you could tell I was working hard as I wasn't posting crap on the Zwift messenger :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'm still kicking myself for not using a power up to bridge across to the @Whorty group before the start of the second lap. It was a much bigger group than Dave and I had, and I have the feeling that I could have tucked in that group and not had to work quite so hard. Oh Well

Top Bottom