Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Purely pootle territory. I’m guilt riding for the KFC I Deliveroo’d in earlier. I daren't push too hard or the colonel’s secret recipe is going to come back to haunt me!

How the other half live :hungry:

You won’t really pootle. You’ll have looked at our spread of times and worked out where you want to plonk yourself...

Be careful and save some power for that last bit at 17%. I actually enjoy it because so many rush ahead you get to steadily reel them in. Most gratifying if a little painful too.

Forgot to say I am likely going up about 7

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Be careful and save some pier for that last bit at 17%. I actually enjoy it because so many rush ahead you get to steadily reel them in. Most gratifying if a little painful too

Slow motion racing, a 5 second gap is about 4 yards in front. I too like chasing down riders :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'm probably going to do the Zsun 100km on Saturday morning 8.30. 5 loops of the London 8- gulp

It’s v tempting but at the moment it looks like I am in court. Good thing is it won’t be too fast , about 190-220w average but they won’t wait for anyone who falls off the back.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
How the other half live :hungry:

You won’t really pootle. You’ll have looked at our spread of times and worked out where you want to plonk yourself...

Be careful and save some power for that last bit at 17%. I actually enjoy it because so many rush ahead you get to steadily reel them in. Most gratifying if a little painful too.

Forgot to say I am likely going up about 7

Already did. I’m not sure I ever went over 200watts. Very civilised :smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It’s v tempting but at the moment it looks like I am in court. Good thing is it won’t be too fast , about 190-220w average but they won’t wait for anyone who falls off the back.

Arrrgh, that'll be the pirate's code then :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
yes, felt like a robot

Yeah I bet it was nasty mate! What’s the best course to choose to get to that mountain?

Also if I do the hack on my pc so I can choose any map. Does that mean I can choose any course on a iPad too? Or is it a different hack / no hack available?

Breedon

Legendary Member
Yeah I bet it was nasty mate! What’s the best course to choose to get to that mountain?

Also if I do the hack on my pc so I can choose any map. Does that mean I can choose any course on a iPad too? Or is it a different hack / no hack available?
You can go up the Epic kom and you automatically turn left after the finish banner.

With regards to the hack it's just on the pc, theres one for the mac but not sure about the ipad

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I must admit I haven't really found that with power ups - at times I wonder if they're doing anything at all! (I know they are, just doesn't seem like it)
The draft lorry is pretty pointless - can't see the point of that and certainly not much use in a race when you're already in a large group.

Aero, like I say, is reputed to be the favourite of top riders as it gives a big advantage in the final sprint. I've only used it downhill and it certainly does make you go faster!

Feather is useful on small inclines, and could be the difference between losing and staying with the pack. Not seen my avatar go thin, like @CXRAndy did so will be looking out for that next time :smile: lasts about 15-20 seconds but if you stay on the power once it has finished then the momentum can hold some of that speed for another 20-30 seconds

I tend not to use them in races. I assumed if you did you was dq'd but in a race recently I was dropped by loads of riders on the first hill who used the feather (Watopia flat race, so the small 7% climb) and I lost them all and couldn't get them back! Hey ho.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Without wanting to open the usual can of worms here i think issues around powerups are de minimis compared to weight doping, trainer/PM differences. They are just more visible. That said, I would drop them from racing and leave them for training/social rides so you get to wind other riders up.
Apparently it's weight and height doping! In Zwift height is used too to estimate drag/wind factor so some cheats not only drop their weight for a hilly race, but also make themselves shorter :laugh: Everyone trying to mimic @berty bassett :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom