Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Oh no. Did you stop too soon? :eek: I think it's about 150-200m further up.
I did, stopped recording, then decided to pootle around the loop, I was going to roll down the alpe. Then thinking why is everyone flying by.:wacko:

Spotted the finish and upped my pace to finish. I'll leave my ZP time, unless its really close and then raise an adjudicator ticket :whistle:.

My mate Alan :hugs::okay:

Beware, this lot are a mean crowd, if they can get one position in front, all avenues of excuses will be rolled out.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I did, stopped recording, then decided to pootle around the loop, I was going to roll down the alpe. Then thinking why is everyone flying by.:wacko:

Spotted the finish and upped my pace to finish. I'll leave my ZP time, unless its really close and then raise an adjudicator ticket :whistle:.

My mate Alan :hugs::okay:

Beware, this lot are a mean crowd, if they can get one position in front, all avenues of excuses will be rolled out.

Well you still beat me by a minute unless I can play the Djokovic "health exemption" card for a 5 minute bonus. :laugh:
(If you don't ask...)

alex_cycles

Veteran
Its a bit odd for the Alpe. Sometimes ive seen estimated finish time, then today nothing other than corner marker times etc.
Maybe it's different for 'events'?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I did a gel (20g carbs) as I got on the turbo, and a bottle with 50g of carbs in during the ride. I cracked 3 hairpins out and haemorrhaged time but it didn’t feel like a bonk, just lack of fitness.

Perhaps I should do this stage again on one of the catch-up days at the end to see if there’s any improvement. 🤔

How much carbs do folks here take on during a turbo session (if any)? I only bother for very challenging efforts, and go at about 30-50 grams per hour which seems to be pretty low but I struggle to take on more fluid. It’s easier on the road because there are natural pauses to drink e.g when coasting or waiting at lights.
I might have a gel before a race if I've not eaten lots that day, else I don't tend to eat anything, just water. If a 2 hour pootle with C pace partner, for example, definitely just water and I never bonk.

mjd1988

Guru
Oh wow.....my stage 2 better be on zwiftpower as my screen crashed after I looped round again to freewheel down. Someone commented that the same happened to them. I will be devastated! Nearly died and sub 60 min up the alpe...I think. Least I have a screenshot so my time is this minus a little bit. Devastated

A workout is a workout I guess but I'll be a bit miffed it that's not on Strava or zeift as a marker

Top Bottom