Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
There is SZR 3 Sisters segment and it includes everyone. It chops off our start from the pier. I'm 3rd behind you and Paul. Everyone else is miles back(Bob baiting) :biggrin:

:biggrin:
I fell for that today against my better judgement so won’t let that happen again. Well I will try not to let it happen and if it does I promise not to take the pee over chat while we are riding ;)

Darn, I will have to do that ride again some time:rolleyes:

Seriously though, Andy enjoy your performance :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Really hard race, can't get into a rhythm on that course and couldn't hold the wheel in various groups!

Yeah, but w/kg!

does anyone know if the rapha challenge has to be done outside or if it could be done on turbo ?

Nope.
They do an indoor one in the spring.

bobinski

Legendary Member
One of the reasons why I shouldn’t have risen to the bait yesterday , apart from being in full ascending mode at the moment, is there is the weekly 3 sisters Zsun ride tonight. I should do that. Fortunately it won’t be a race.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
One of the reasons why I shouldn’t have risen to the bait yesterday , apart from being in full ascending mode at the moment, is there is the weekly 3 sisters Zsun ride tonight. I should do that. Fortunately it won’t be a race.

Yesterday in the truest sense was a race, but only for 5 miles, then it was a solo effort (for me) to keep the power up. I did meet 3 racers going up and 4 going down, but no one stayed together for very long. Zsun will be a good individual test Bob

berty bassett

Legendary Member
it was a strange race for me - i had latched on to 2 others and we managed to chase another down , as i was on a mission to try and get Bridgy ( silly me ) i kept on trying to force the pace a bit but when i did the cunning little devils just tucked in ! and i wasn't good enough to keep it up . then on the last surprise hill ( who put that there !) they showed me who was boss - but it shows i put in over 100% effort so i cant moan - just got to let Pauls tyres down a bit ^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The volcano climb is quite mean, the graphics indicate it flattens near the top, but it actually has a little 10% sting right at the crest. Despite riding most of the ride >170 HR, I felt quite strong in the legs, only the last 2 miles I began to feel fatigue and was so glad to see the finish banner.

Dam close to Paul's time Lee. If you held back a little you might of got it.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yesterday in the truest sense was a race, but only for 5 miles, then it was a solo effort (for me) to keep the power up. I did meet 3 racers going up and 4 going down, but no one stayed together for very long. Zsun will be a good individual test Bob

I simply didn’t have the power to get away with the lead group. You guys dropped me within 15 seconds and I was on my own trying to bridge. I slowed a little for some behind me. One guy joined me but wouldn’t put out more than 3.2w and that meant I would pull away and we would both lose draft benefit. After 5 or so times of this happening I struck out on my own up the climb and over the bridge. I am quite happy with my times because they were solo efforts but I simply ran out of breath. Once I rested I found I was ok on the mountain and enjoyed the short bursts of 4.5-5.5w.
Going to try for 1h 40 tonight on understanding it will be a constant Pace rather than a race.
Listening to TR podcast on way into work and may sign up.

bridgy

Legendary Member
CVR World Cup race done - https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=31763

Keep scrolling you'll find me eventually :cry:
Good ride Darren - sorry I didn't make it as I would probably have been finishing at around the same time. Told you that ride attracts a lot of VERY strong riders!

Breedon

Legendary Member
Just done a zzrc social ride as i need to take it easy after recovering from a bad cold i picked up on Friday night, anyway i found it a bit slow even @rob01792 found it slow teasing me im sure of it to go faster, he left after 30 minutes due to a bad #### :tongue: then thought sod it and balls it round coughing and spluttering didn't get a PB for the volcano flat route which I was hoping for:sad:

Top Bottom