Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Sorry guys I had to bail, i was severely caught out at the start before I knew it i was almost at the back and used every thing to gain a few places Martin was at one point 20 seconds ahead our little group caught him and his group as well as carl but by the 2nd lap i was done getting off the bike was fun as i was quite unsteady :blink:

bobinski

Legendary Member
And he did frigging toy with me too!
Unfortunately I could only hold on for 2 laps. TP says 258w average over 30 min which seems a bit high. Lee must have been putting out near 270 so close to cat A 4w. Nice.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I am so glad you disappeared ! I was hanging on for dear life ^_^ the last lap I had a plan of charging up the ramp then a nice VAN power up down the other side - unfortunately I had no charge left in me and everyone bugged off in front leaving me and a van in their wake

Norry1

Legendary Member
@Brusgaard was in our group as well. I saw the main group disappear and let it go. @Whorty was 10 seconds or so ahead in a group of 4 and it took quite a while for our group to catch them - in fact it was only when we were caught bu @Breedon and his group. A bit later we assimilated @Brusgaard and had quite a big group which stayed together until the last half mile. I could see @bobinski and @berty bassett but they were over a minute ahead.

I had a bit left and an aero powerup I'd saved from the start so sprinted with about 1/3 mile to go. I passed everyone in the group other than one guy who just held on. Fairly pleased overall, averaged 3 w/kg which is not far off FTP.

Del C

Veteran
Looks like @Del C has joined the ride too :okay:

@Perky77, @JLaw you fancy joining us too?
Yep!

That was my first race. I enjoyed it.

I could see @Brusgaard on the rider list but I hadn't checked the forum so had no idea others were riding.

I didn't know what to expect so entered the D group. Think I finished 2nd at 2.8W/Kg. Need to check that but seems like I should maybe ride C group next time?

Del C

Veteran
Yep!

I didn't know what to expect so entered the D group. Think I finished 2nd at 2.8W/Kg. Need to check that but seems like I should maybe ride C group next time?

That's interesting!

According to Zwiftpower I seem to have been 'upgraded' to last place in the C race. How does that happen?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
That's interesting!

According to Zwiftpower I seem to have been 'upgraded' to last place in the C race. How does that happen?
If you exceed the W/kg for a certain cat then it bumps you up - I never came close to winning cat c but because I chose hilly courses for my first few races it bumped me to cat b - at the time it seems unfair not winning any races but it does make you try harder and learn to be more tactical

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sorry guys I had to bail, i was severely caught out at the start before I knew it i was almost at the back and used every thing to gain a few places Martin was at one point 20 seconds ahead our little group caught him and his group as well as carl but by the 2nd lap i was done getting off the bike was fun as i was quite unsteady :blink:
I did wonder why you ended up behind me and coming from behind (as it were!!) - I figured you might be taking it easy but no. Hope you had a good ride anyway :okay:

Whorty

I am so glad you disappeared ! I was hanging on for dear life ^_^ the last lap I had a plan of charging up the ramp then a nice VAN power up down the other side - unfortunately I had no charge left in me and everyone bugged off in front leaving me and a van in their wake
You was the next rider ahead of our group ...... unfortunately that was 2 minutes ahead so no chance of us catching you :notworthy:

Whorty

@Brusgaard was in our group as well. I saw the main group disappear and let it go. @Whorty was 10 seconds or so ahead in a group of 4 and it took quite a while for our group to catch them - in fact it was only when we were caught bu @Breedon and his group. A bit later we assimilated @Brusgaard and had quite a big group which stayed together until the last half mile. I could see @bobinski and @berty bassett but they were over a minute ahead.

I had a bit left and an aero powerup I'd saved from the start so sprinted with about 1/3 mile to go. I passed everyone in the group other than one guy who just held on. Fairly pleased overall, averaged 3 w/kg which is not far off FTP.
I made the fatal mistake of using too many matches from the off trying to get onto @Brusgaard 's wheel then @bobinski and @berty bassett . The hills from the off just killed me and I was hanging on for dear life in that little group. I could see your group slowly pulling us back and was pleased as a larger group would let me hide a bit :ph34r: I was surprised we caught up Brusgard as he was well ahead at one point, but then we did have quite a large group by then and it was working well and moving fast.

I knew I had nothing left in the sprint so once you went off the front I was happy to roll in the last km. Still pleased though consider I did a ZA session last night, and burnt too many matches early on :tongue:

Really great to be riding with so many chaingang cyclechaters :okay: Just need to convince @AAAC 76C , @BILL S , @Jim Brown and the others to come across and races like this can be like old times:wahhey:

Whorty

That's interesting!

As Berty says, if you exceed the w/kg limits it bumps you up. You are now classed as a C racer so from now on you will have to enter C cats (if you don't they can get a bit shirty). To be honest, I'm mid-bottom of C on power, but if you ride tactically you can actually do better than your power numbers. Get into a group, draft a lot, work on the hills but rest on the flats and downs. Love the racing aspect.

Really great to see you on the start line :okay: If you change your name to include "(Cyclechat)" you'll be easier to spot. You can also join the Cyclechat team on Zwiftpower too, then with a simple click you can see all our racing results easily. :okay:

Top Bottom