Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Don't worry, when you get back we won't give you kudos for a while either :laugh::laugh:

:biggrin:

uclown2002

Guru
Bah. I must really be on the border between C & D. ZP has bounced me back and forth between them.

I'd signed up for KISS EUR D yesterday......... My 2nd place effort was wiped out because ZP has decided I'm in C again.

You were DQ'd because your ZwiftPower Category was C at the start of the race; yet you entered Cat D. Almost all races will expect you to use your ZwiftPower category (as a minimum) for race entry.

mjd1988

Guru
And stage 4 is three times up box ^_^

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
So In conclusion what would you have said ? Apart from the one that had something wrong ( can happen to any machine ) is it a contender if you were to buy a new machine ?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Come down with man flu, which is playinh havoc with the asthma! Not good xx( Been away last 2 night sin Brighton with HID (her works do) and hoping to ride today but no chance ... unless I fancy a night or 2 in hospital :cry: Hope I'm a bit better tomorrow to do Stage 3. May have to just pootle to set a time as don'th think HID will appreciate it if I make myself ill :wacko: Hot bath later to try and sweat it out of me!

Brusgaard

Über Guru
So In conclusion what would you have said ? Apart from the one that had something wrong ( can happen to any machine ) is it a contender if you were to buy a new machine ?

Quite frankly, until I see a test by a reputable home trainer tester, like DC Rainmaker or GP Lama, I would wait. A few things puts me off right off the bat:

1) You can not calibrate it yourself (!!)
2) The one ridden by Morten (and me earlier) started to lean to the left (as you see in the video), forcing him to stop to regain balance. Another rider apparently suffered the same, and she was a woman at only about 54kg. It could be accidential or worse a design flaw not taking into account us Northern 80-90kg+ riders, and someone broke it before she rode it?
3) It gets really hot inside, which can't be good for the electronics or belt etc. However, it has an active cooler running, even after you finish, to cool things down.

The noise level was in the same ballpark as my Direto, maybe a bit lower. But as with all DD trainers, it depends a lot on how clean your drivetrain is. Still WAY more quiet than the Pro! I did a completely unscientific measurement with my iPhone. At about 0.5m from the trainer (on drive side), it said about 75db, but we have to take into account the background noise from people chatting etc.

Would I upgrade my Direto for this one? No, I don't think so. Then again, I also don't see any compelling reason to upgrade to a Neo 2 either.
The flexing would take some time getting used to, as it would using a rocker plate. I rarely stand up on my Direto, as I'm afraid to break my carbon frame. Probably won't happen, but better safe than sorry. :-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I rarely stand up on my Direto, as I'm afraid to break my carbon frame.

Actually, there is much less strain on the frame with a rocker. My bike used to creak on the mounts when static in position, that never happens on the rocker now. I ride much more with an outdoor style, powering over crests whilst stood up.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Actually, there is much less strain on the frame with a rocker. My bike used to creak on the mounts when static in position, that never happens on the rocker now. I ride much more with an outdoor style, powering over crests whilst stood up.

Yes, I believe the same applies if mounted on a trainer that flexes "enough"?

Top Bottom