Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Stage 5 is grim, have fun :laugh::laugh:

You weren't wrong! Haven't done Richmond before, 20% ramp took me by surprise :wacko:

Oy, stop stealing my tactic of being passed by everyone on the climb ... :tongue:

I think I have perfected it! Although definitely feel like I'm improving with the shorter hill efforts (not as fast as you for stage 5 though). The Alpe will be a totally different ball game though, I'll be like Cav cycling alone in the Alps last year (without the Epstein Barr virus and talent obviously)

LBHIFI

Veteran
Joined the freak*n "group fart" and I hope this a Zwift late join glitch, cause what's the point of joining a group ride freak*n 10 min. behind the group ? :cursing: Got as close as 38 seconds, but obviously not the blue zone ride I signed up for.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Tonight 21:05 UK time, there's a race organized by the danish bike magazine "Cykelmagasinet". Could be interesting to watch team FUSION ECT. Supposedly they are pushing the boundarys of e-racing and is almost running things like a real team, complete with sponsor, tacticts meatings etc.

Here's a link to the first race wich was won by a FUSION rider:

View: https://youtu.be/OYK9j6T5HzU

Tonights race should be live streamed here: https://m.facebook.com/DanishZwiftRiders/?ref=bookmarks

That link doesn't seem to work, but this does:
https://www.facebook.com/DanishZwiftRiders/

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
only time i really noticed difference in speed on cobbles it was because we started going uphill a bit so i blamed it on that !

Ta, I might disable to compare speed, cadence affect.

Btw I compared your time to mine, We were quite close for the first lap, you then began to ease away in time. but really put tbe boot in where you gained a further 2 mins on the last 3 climbs to finish:notworthy:

Screenshot_20190116-201620_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Cracking time Lee, also Dean and Steen :okay:

Thanks Andy. Sat with the front group until the first climb, then I lost them, just as expected. Then a bunch of slower riders caught up, and I sat with them. Unfortunately they seemed pretty content at around 3-3,5 wkg, so the gap just kept growing to around 1 minute, even though I tried to set a higher pace a few times. But at the climb I got dropped again, and from then on it was just jumping back and forth between different smaller groups.

Stupidly I forgot to use my Draft PU on the last km. Might have shaven 5-15 seconds of my time, but I was too focused on keeping the cadence High and finishing below 1h14m. :banghead:

The time at the top said 1:13:35 when I crossed the line, but 1:13:59 center screen (and 1:14:00 on ZP). I think I have seen this top/center discrepancy in all TdZ rides. Anyone know why?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The time at the top said 1:13:35 when I crossed the line, but 1:13:59 center screen (and 1:14:00 on ZP). I think I have seen this top/center discrepancy in all TdZ rides. Anyone know why

It looks like Zwift arent counting the start ramp in the timing, whilst ZP are. Or Zwift cant cope with all the starters so lags. Ive seen about 10 to-45 seconds before Zwift clock starts

I wanted to see what power I needed to stay with the lighter riders on the first lap. I was at maximum HR pushing 400 to 450W(4.5/6) just to hold their wheels. Not repeatable again to the same level.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
It looks like Zwift arent counting the start ramp in the timing, whilst ZP are. Or Zwift cant cope with all the starters so lags. Ive seen about 10 to-45 seconds before Zwift clock starts

I wanted to see what power I needed to stay with the lighter riders on the first lap. I was at maximum HR pushing 400 to 450W(4.5/6) just to hold their wheels. Not repeatable again to the same level.
I think it might be something to do with the large groups at the start and maybe depending how far back in the group you are (which can be affected by how late you join the warm up ) - both my last TDZ rides had almost identical times on both Zwift and ZP

Top Bottom