Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
With 7km left i had a wife emergency. I was about 50 secs behind Dean and about the same ahead of Brendan at the time :sad: Oh well ... shoot happens :rolleyes: I did jump on to finish the ride to post a feeble time of ... 64:43 I may have to have another go at that ^_^

Del C

Veteran
53.46 for me

Some odd things going on there. I was slowly pulling away from the chasing group on the climb before the descent to the jungle, and then you all closed me down rapidly on the descent. I went from a 12 second gap to nothing in no time at all. You're all either a bunch of fat bastards or descending as a group must have some real drafting benefit.

Once you caught me, the chasing group split and I ended up with @peterob @Add and @Breedon until that Lucas guy got amongst us. I couldn't seem to get past him and once the gap opened to Pete and Adam I couldn't close it and eventually the elastic went.

Still, ok with the time considering I had to ride it solo from the bottom of the jungle. That gravel hurts!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
53.46 for me

Some odd things going on there. I was slowly pulling away from the chasing group on the climb before the descent to the jungle, and then you all closed me down rapidly on the descent. I went from a 12 second gap to nothing in no time at all. You're all either a bunch of fat bastards or descending as a group must have some real drafting benefit.

Once you caught me, the chasing group split and I ended up with @peterob @Add and @Breedon until that Lucas guy got amongst us. I couldn't seem to get past him and once the gap opened to Pete and Adam I couldn't close it and eventually the elastic went.

Still, ok with the time considering I had to ride it solo from the bottom of the jungle. That gravel hurts!
Cracking ride Del. Put me to the sword again on the climb through the jungle :notworthy:

We caught you on that descent as there was 5 of us, and we were moving much faster as a result. I say 'we' ... I was mostly hanging on for dear life :laugh:

LBHIFI

Veteran
53.46 for me

I think Zwift is really punishing solo riders on descents. Alan and Lee took almost half a minute on me on the descent towards the jungle.

peterob

Veteran
Sorry Pete, 52:30 for me, the 48 was my PB. Beat you by 1 second! :whistle:
Damn! Should have launched my devastating sprint a tad earlier! :bravo:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
48:55 for me @peterob

Well done all. Enjoyed that one. It was all going nice and friendly up until leaving the underwater tunnel when a small group of HCC riders passed so I took the opportunity to jump on their wheels for a bit. Then @berty bassett lit the touch paper on the first big climb. We worked well together until the climb out of the jungle where I upped the pressure a little to see what would happen. You missed a good one tonight @bridgy ^_^

Del C

Veteran
I think Zwift is really punishing solo riders on descents. Alan and Lee took almost half a minute on me on the descent towards the jungle.
Yes!

It was a bit frustrating. I was working hard and felt like I was climbing well and suddenly all that effort was for nothing. I suppose that means you have to just adjust your approach. I'd probably have been better off dropping back and climbing with the group.

Yes!

It was a bit frustrating. I was working hard and felt like I was climbing well and suddenly all that effort was for nothing. I suppose that means you have to just adjust your approach. I'd probably have been better off dropping back and climbing with the group.
yer you should have dropped back about 3 mins :okay: was a long lonely ride last night, need to get the mountain bike I think

peterob

Veteran
Quite a fragmented race last night with just myself and Adam coming in together. Table updated with last night's results - please let me know if I've missed any times.

If you haven't posted a time yet ,either do it on Thursday at 6pm or get a solo ride in, otherwise you'll be saddled with 110% of Whorty's time ^_^ (although I imagine he'll look to get an uninterrupted effort in soon).

Top Bottom