Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Very generous of you to say so on my climbing 🙂 I don’t think it’s coming back to that level again by September though.

My power curve is surprising me at the moment, I’m getting all time records for short sprint intervals of upto 1 minute but still quite down on the longer efforts needed for climbing. Not to mention I’m about 5KG heavier than I was when at my best!

Sounds like those extra 5kg are all fast twitch sprinting muscles^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Very generous of you to say so on my climbing 🙂 I don’t think it’s coming back to that level again by September though.

My power curve is surprising me at the moment, I’m getting all time records for short sprint intervals of upto 1 minute but still quite down on the longer efforts needed for climbing. Not to mention I’m about 5KG heavier than I was when at my best!

That last 2% or whatever is the bit you really have to be consistent in your ‘work’ to be able to find isn’t it.

I think hopefully it’ll come though bud if you keep going over the summer.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
a Sunday evening compliment !!!! you must have had a stress free holiday ! or did you fall off the horse ?

I’m still here for another week. Not exactly ideal training for France is it! We’re moving to another island today though. The local bar here will miss me that’s for sure… Just count yourself lucky I didn’t go full Jofffey last night. The local wine goes down like water but there’s always a price to pay isn’t there!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I’m still here for another week. Not exactly ideal training for France is it! We’re moving to another island today though. The local bar here will miss me that’s for sure… Just count yourself lucky I didn’t go full Jofffey last night. The local wine goes down like water but there’s always a price to pay isn’t there!

Perfect training mate - keep it up

Attachments

• E127D560-C01A-4BF0-A34B-654A13625C02.gif
    E127D560-C01A-4BF0-A34B-654A13625C02.gif
    255.9 KB · Views: 2

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
There's a parkrun starting up 5 miles down the road from me next week, so I'm going to dust off the running shoes and no doubt exacerbate my knee injury. :laugh:

Also found out that there's a 1 mile race at my village 'Jubileigh' celebrations. I won the equivalent 5k event a few years back, so there's a bit of honour to uphold! I'd be happy to scrape something under 6 minutes, given how little I've run recently.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

You and Pete were definitely stronger than me on the little hills on the IoW. The first few hours I was holding my own, but I was struggling from 80km onwards, which is probably a reflection on my Zwift shorter efforts too.

You both also lost me on every descent ... but that's because I'm a coward :laugh:

Whorty

I'm doing Caen to Santander, 8 days, starting next Sunday. We're cheating in that we've got a support van to carry stuff. 7 X 100 miles days plus a short day 8 to get to the ferry on time.

Weather forecast looks 👌

Ferry and hotel costs come in at about £500 each, plus spending morning for food.

Is that an organised trip Paul via a company, or one you guys have set up yourself? I'd love to do something like that, but don't fancy carrying my own stuff.

Whorty

I will probably keep a pause of Zwift through the summer. I just start my summer vacation so it's time spend some time outside . If weather is too bad for that I will do some visit's on my pain cave.

Same here - just cancelled my Zwift, last ride day is 3rd June. I need to get outside more and build up some base miles over the summer.

JuhaL

Guru
Same here - just cancelled my Zwift, last ride day is 3rd June. I need to get outside more and build up some base miles over the summer.

I didn't cancel Zwift, I just put it on pause. 8-weeks is longest time to pause Zwift, i consider cancellation later. I try to do some base miles as well, only thing what make that bit tricky is headwind. Today was pretty nice weather to do bit longer ride so I was heading to route where is enough climbs for my taste and it's one of my favs.

I didn't cancel Zwift, I just put it on pause. 8-weeks is longest time to pause Zwift, i consider cancellation later. I try to do some base miles as well, only thing what make that bit tricky is headwind. Today was pretty nice weather to do bit longer ride so I was heading to route where is enough climbs for my taste and it's one of my favs.

I noticed no level spots the altitude profile on Strava. Love the looks of that bike.

Top Bottom