Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Gonna hit RGT in about 15-20 minutes or so, do mont ventoux from Cavaeu. Installed it so may as well take a proper look.

Will be taking it easy though as I've still got a knackered back wheel (found out I had a broken spoke or two), and although I've replaced the spokes, its still wonky as I need to replace some nipples to get it trued.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I may be up for a Ventoux re run tomorrow. Everyone is having a go so why not. Have had a day of relative rest, sailing eating and drinking. Tiring and aching but in a good way.

si_c

Guru
Hmm, I did the stelvio and not the ventoux. Disappointed to say the least, the ride itself was fine, although I don't think that the software is as responsive to gradient changes as zwift, the switchbacks didn't feel like switchbacks, more as if the gradient was steady.

The biggest issue for me was that it only saved the first 6km or so of the ride, out of the 14km it said it was and strava only shows the first half. Disappointing as otherwise the ride was fine. Couple of graphical glitches, but I've submitted a report.

Would be good if I could find the log files and have a poke around tbh.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Hmm, I did the stelvio and not the ventoux. Disappointed to say the least, the ride itself was fine, although I don't think that the software is as responsive to gradient changes as zwift, the switchbacks didn't feel like switchbacks, more as if the gradient was steady.

The biggest issue for me was that it only saved the first 6km or so of the ride, out of the 14km it said it was and strava only shows the first half. Disappointing as otherwise the ride was fine. Couple of graphical glitches, but I've submitted a report.

Would be good if I could find the log files and have a poke around tbh.
What trainer do you have and what setting was the trainer intensity level at.

Breedon

Legendary Member
If you're able to do 100% it might be better.
I have a Neo and had the intensity set about the same due to the gearing of my other bike and it didn't feel right , now I have the trainer bike on and intensity set at 100% it feels a lot smoother.

Breedon

Legendary Member
If you're able to do 100% it might be better.
I have a Neo and had the intensity set about the same due to the gearing of my other bike and it didn't feel right , now I have the trainer bike on and intensity set at 100% it feels a lot smoother.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Has anybody / everybody updates firmware on neo ? Just found the app and it says update !

bobinski

Legendary Member
A frustrating afternoon.
I decided to go after Dean's time on Ventoux ^_^ Got everything set up, carb drink, gels etc. Moved turbo by open doors to garden to replicate the heat I experienced on Ventoux, fan etc. Told family I would be absent for 2 hours- well 1h 45m really:okay: -and started RGT up. Settings all ok. 100% and all that. Ignore option to finish last ride and off I go. Nice steady 3w plus, into town and then hit the slope spinning nicely, in fact a little too nicely. 14kph was easy, 21kph not much less. Drop out and check settings and restart. No change. I did this 3 times before giving up. I suppose I could have closed app down and restarted but I didn't want to do the first 7k all over again. Will save it all for another day.Dean, your time is safe for now :tongue:
Popped onto Zwift hoping for Watopia but it's a london day and so made do with a quick spin up box hill.​

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Mini disaster on club run chain jammed near home. So called rescue crew-wife, I didn't want to damage wheel or chain so will dismante at home
how do you sort that out with electronic gears ?
is it a case of plugging something in and calibrating or is there a screw like on manual ones
did it jam between 1st and the brake ?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
how do you sort that out with electronic gears ?
is it a case of plugging something in and calibrating or is there a screw like on manual ones
did it jam between 1st and the brake ?

My own fault Lee, I'd been swapping cassettes and tweaked settings for one and in my haste this morning didn't do a detailed setup before I left. I did some mid ride at a puncture stop for poor shifting issue. It needs 5 mins on the bike stand just to check end stops and index position. All back together now, saved wheel and hub, no damage to cassette but chain has several bent links, so new bling chain ^_^

Top Bottom