Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
Back out in the real world Sunday with another climb up Little C. I hadn't gone hard up that climb yet this year and needed to get in a couple harder efforts prior to the Snowbird Hillclimb in a couple weeks (which shares the hardest 6 miles of the climb).

I'd set a goal to bring the cadence and HR up by 10% and ride 10% faster than the relatively gentle ride up from last week. That would a medium-hard effort, but certainly not race intensity. It'd also be competitive with my best time up the canyon from last year (which was a 10+ year best).

Nailed the cadence and HR goals, which were up 15% and 12% respectively and I came within a minute of last year's best effort. So good all around. Even more encouraging was that while the effort was hard, I'm pretty sure I ought to be able to bump up the intensity again next week. I'm still clearly under the intensity of the Zwift races and I'm carrying a fair amount of fatigue. Figure next week I'll be looking to set a best in a decade effort up that climb.

Tentatively planning to race Mon, Tue and Thu in Zwift which is one day less than I've been doing recently.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Jeff, might you be best building a little more rest and recovery into the week before the big ride?

bobinski

Legendary Member
The group i traveled with to Ventoux this year with La Vie en Velo is now being asked to confirm a Pyrennes trip next year, weekend of lovely Pyrenees Mountain climbing from Friday 29th June to Tuesday 3rd July. We may extend by a day either side. Chalet takes 12. I know some of you expressed an interest. At the moment subject to currency fluctuations about £650-700 to collect and bring bikes over, collect at airport on arrival and then to chalet where accommodation included plus breakfast and evening meals. Support also included.
http://www.lavieenvelo.com/cycle_france/file/pyrenees.php
Gives usual details.
I think there are 6 of us already, max of 12.

Norry1

Legendary Member
The group i traveled with to Ventoux this year with La Vie en Velo is now being asked to confirm a Pyrennes trip next year, weekend of lovely Pyrenees Mountain climbing from Friday 29th June to Tuesday 3rd July. We may extend by a day either side. Chalet takes 12. I know some of you expressed an interest. At the moment subject to currency fluctuations about £650-700 to collect and bring bikes over, collect at airport on arrival and then to chalet where accommodation included plus breakfast and evening meals. Support also included.
Gives usual details.

I did the Pyrenean RAID this summer so will probably be in the Alps next summer. Are these guys any good? - I like the idea of bikes being pre-shipped.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Traveled with Angus (there's only one of him) twice in last couple of years. Nice guy, good coms, pick up of all bikes from my home or agreed nearby location. Supported us up Ventoux, water, gels etc in van plus spares and gave us gps routes for other rides. Really, as much as we could want. Others may want more.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Gives usual details.
100% bob need to tell HID as she wants a holiday abroad next year, looks like im going to be busy working to pay for it :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
100% bob need to tell HID as she wants a holiday abroad next year, looks like im going to be busy working to pay for it :biggrin:

Excellent.
Post brexit currency fluctuations mean hard to confirm a figure. Angus suggests we book our own flights as soon as they become available-months yet-or he can book once everyone is confirmed. On understanding we book them trip will be £600 and any extra nights at £120 each with a minimum 6 people for accom and food and the additional 4hr round trip to airport. If we had booked our flights early enough it would have cost 385-100 this year.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Bob - do you need to know yet ? really interested but would you rather wait to see how we get on at iow !
hoping to dog some hours in right through winter to allow for a month off next summer to be completely self indulgent

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob - do you need to know yet ? really interested but would you rather wait to see how we get on at iow !
hoping to dog some hours in right through winter to allow for a month off next summer to be completely self indulgent

Lee, have you heard rumors I am not the easiest person to get on with :biggrin:?
No rush, an indication either way at end of month helpful and Angus would like a £100 deposit soon after but that would be refundable up until xmas i imagine, or rather when it comes time to book cheapest flights.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'll be googling later at what climbs there are :hyper:

Tourmalet, Col de Peyresourde are just up the road. Lots of others and beauty of Angus's van and trailer is we can drive if needs be for an hour or so to lots of other rides. Or just ride.

OR

We could all decide to go to Alps instead. Nothing set in stone at the moment but the assumption is Pyrenees.

Top Bottom