Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
My legs are now jello after the EVR race today. Really looking forward to taking tomorrow off, then giving a good strong effort up the mountain Sunday morning.

EVR started off fast/hard. I found myself in a group that I thought was going to be too slow, so I made an effort to catch the faster C group ahead. That resulted in screaming legs as I don't think they're fully recovered from yesterday's race. I got real close, but couldn't ever latch on. And reality was I could see the tail end rider's w/kg as consistently too high for me to be able to hang with them. So I gave up the chase and let my little group catch back up to me -- and they dropped me not long after they'd caught back up. I resigned myself to a slow ride around Watopia just to get the miles in. Eventually a small group came up from behind and I gave it some effort to stick with them. We worked reasonably well together for a while and reeled in a few struggling cyclists. We nearly had Finlay at one point, but he put on a bit more power and pulled away.

The other 4 riders in the group got away on the KOM climb near the end, but I caught back up on the flatish part. I hit the hills in the esses hard and was able to open up some gaps. I didn't try to power hard afterwards and let a couple from the group close the gap down. I tucked in behind as the pace quickened about a mile out. One rider seemed to go at about the half-mile mark -- it seemed a bit half-hearted. My RPMs came up in response and I stuck on his wheel. Just after the 300M sign I hit the gas, passed him and held on.

Given I was ready to bail on the ride, I'm glad I didn't. But it's time to rest.

Breedon

Legendary Member
My legs are now jello after the EVR race today. Really looking forward to taking tomorrow off, then giving a good strong effort up the mountain Sunday morning.

EVR started off fast/hard. I found myself in a group that I thought was going to be too slow, so I made an effort to catch the faster C group ahead. That resulted in screaming legs as I don't think they're fully recovered from yesterday's race. I got real close, but couldn't ever latch on. And reality was I could see the tail end rider's w/kg as consistently too high for me to be able to hang with them. So I gave up the chase and let my little group catch back up to me -- and they dropped me not long after they'd caught back up. I resigned myself to a slow ride around Watopia just to get the miles in. Eventually a small group came up from behind and I gave it some effort to stick with them. We worked reasonably well together for a while and reeled in a few struggling cyclists. We nearly had Finlay at one point, but he put on a bit more power and pulled away.

The other 4 riders in the group got away on the KOM climb near the end, but I caught back up on the flatish part. I hit the hills in the esses hard and was able to open up some gaps. I didn't try to power hard afterwards and let a couple from the group close the gap down. I tucked in behind as the pace quickened about a mile out. One rider seemed to go at about the half-mile mark -- it seemed a bit half-hearted. My RPMs came up in response and I stuck on his wheel. Just after the 300M sign I hit the gas, passed him and held on.

Given I was ready to bail on the ride, I'm glad I didn't. But it's time to rest.
Yesterday's race was high pace even for me so im not surprised you was suffering a bit

bobinski

Legendary Member
Did RGT mont vonteux thats hard, i did it in 1.58 but Strava is saying 2.02 :sad: and I accidentally closed it down before saving but luckily I can take the gxp file from the website.
Had it a 100% but I was grinding most of the way so will a just it, it's a lot harder than bkool :heat:

It certainly is harder than bkool on a proper turbo:okay:

Yep started from the bottom looks like I'll be doing it again :hyper:

Excellent
Me too .
I want to average 10kph.

Like Andy says strange we are not showing same segments for comparison. I cannot even compare my 2 real life rides because segments are different and would be good to compare from chalet reynard.

berty bassett

Legendary Member

Excellent
Me too .
I want to average 10kph.

Like Andy says strange we are not showing same segments for comparison. I cannot even compare my 2 real life rides because segments are different and would be good to compare from chalet reynard.
couldnt we all do it together ? might be able to help each other !

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Excellent
Me too .
I want to average 10kph.

The nly way is to cover a greyed out section from one ride note the time etc and compare with another ride same method. You will be faster than 6.2 mph Bob, I'd expect around Dean's time. 1hr 50

berty bassett

Legendary Member
You don't need any help!
i feel like i have been blackballed out the club :sad::biggrin:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Cracking ride Dean, a good 2 kph faster than me. And after racing last night too. Well done.
Cheers Bob was hoping for sub 1.50 but didn't warm up properly and a little aching from yesterday so I've set a time and need to work bringing it down.

Couple of times I got into a cracking rythem then the gradient changed then lost it, couldn't wait for it to end though :huh:

JLaw

Veteran
Is there a list of Zwift segments that people take seriously? It might be a laugh to have say 10 key ones that we try and beat each other on - easy to see on Strava via the Cyclechat Turbo Club :smile:
I look at those which are marked as Zwiftblog Verified or something close to that. They've got the climbs, sprints and laps. I ignore all the other segments.

Top Bottom