Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Might be doing the PRS race at 6pm. Watopia Figure of 8 course. Not done a hilly race yet

JLaw

Veteran
Is everyone riding these races at 100% "realism" ? While pride suggests I shouldn't drop it down at all (and I won't for a hilly or Watopia mountain ride) I am wondering if I would be better off dropping down to say 75% so I can spin at a better Cadence in these races. 4w requires me to ride on 50/11 or 12 at 80-85 Cadence which is not ideal. I cannot get spin those gears fast enough. I think it's important for example to spin over the lumps and not grind because these are places where I fall off the pace. At times I think the NEO is too bloody accurate!
I'm at 75%-80% right now to minimize changing rings during a race. I need to do some adjustments on the front derailleur at which point I'll go back to 100%.

I could probably ride it at 100% for flat courses like yesterday's.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Played around with settings, albeit after ride home and a quick go on the rower but I am not sure I like anything less than 100%. I had to pedal faster! Will give it another try tomorrow.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
That's the whole idea Bob, generate power from revs. It all depends whether you're comfortable physically using a high cadence(your knee) I actually prefer it, it's easier on my body(legs and knees). Also for super long rides it doesn't sap my legs and I can ride the next day. Using 70rpm is fine for 20-30 mins to keep heart rate slightly lower, TT example. 2hours like Ventoux climb gave me sore knees the next day.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi Dean did you start from Malaucene? Because there is no map overlay, I can't see where you started or finished. But if you did it sub 2hrs:okay:

Just don't tell Bob:tongue:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Hey @berty bassett what happened? I can't see you in the Zwiftpower results?
if i knew it was you then i would have tried to work together a bit more !
not in the results any where but it has been saved in strava
believe it or not i think i came 4th but i would have been dqd as w/kg was 3.5 i think
thought i was going to be clever and try and lose third man up the hill at the end but he stayed right there and then proceeded to blow me away down the otherside while i was still getting breath back

Top Bottom