Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
The zsun ride took a lot out of me. The Kiss went off like a bat out of hell. I hoped to hang in for 2-3 laps but a mass of PB's suggest I was on limit and tiring pretty quickly so I had a few jumps off the front with a cat A rider before my legs gave up. Well done for hanging in there Jeff. That was a frantic pace.

Those zsun rides are tough bob keep at it :okay:

si_c

Guru
Sounds like fun was had by all. Was going to join in, but legs are stiff so spent some time with Mrs C. Downloaded and installed RGT though, so may have a crack at that at some point over the weekend.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Is everyone riding these races at 100% "realism" ? While pride suggests I shouldn't drop it down at all (and I won't for a hilly or Watopia mountain ride) I am wondering if I would be better off dropping down to say 75% so I can spin at a better Cadence in these races. 4w requires me to ride on 50/11 or 12 at 80-85 Cadence which is not ideal. I cannot get spin those gears fast enough. I think it's important for example to spin over the lumps and not grind because these are places where I fall off the pace. At times I think the NEO is too bloody accurate!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Was nice to see you bob at the front even at 5 w/kg ^_^, I thought it was just me thinking that the pace was frantic think I lasted 2 laps legs still felt heavy from Tuesday ride
lost the back of the pack and didn't even try to get back on, Was by my self picking off A,B and cat D riders even played with a large group of cat B riders for a while even taunting them by riding on the front :tongue: quite easy to stay with the pace but dropped back as I'm not sure what the etiquette is in that situation.

With around 2 miles to go 2 fellow cat c riders caught me up and we rode together which meant a sprint finish, with 1 mile to go I thought I'll find out how there legs were feeling and pushed to 5 w/kg for a while then dropped the pace then with 0.3 miles we came round the corner and I saw the finish arch I was behind the other two and launched my attack 8 w/kg I hit and pushed hard my body was shaking and won the sprint with 2 seconds to spare raised my arms and went yessssssss ^_^.

Tough race more underlating than I thought but improved my 20 minutes power to 253 watts but I was 17th:sad: and just under the w/kg at 3.19

Well done Jeff for staying with the front group for so long :notworthy:

Sounds like you and Jeff had a great race. Cyclechat pride is maintained!

That A racer seemed interested in stretching things out hence my 5w but I couldn't hold for long and no one else stupid enough to push that high so we kept getting pulled back. I knew I wouldn't last but I was just trying to ensure I kept in front of you and Jeff for as long as possible ^_^

Norry1

Legendary Member
Is everyone riding these races at 100% "realism" ? While pride suggests I shouldn't drop it down at all (and I won't for a hilly or Watopia mountain ride) I am wondering if I would be better off dropping down to say 75% so I can spin at a better Cadence in these races. 4w requires me to ride on 50/11 or 12 at 80-85 Cadence which is not ideal. I cannot get spin those gears fast enough. I think it's important for example to spin over the lumps and not grind because these are places where I fall off the pace. At times I think the NEO is too bloody accurate!

I only have a dumb trainer, so I don't get the effect of gradient on resistance - so all my races "feel" as though I'm on the flat - but my speed does obviously reflect the watts I am actually putting out. The watts are accurate as I am on P1 Pedals. I've considered upgrading to a smart turbo, but not made the leap yet.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Pondering a 4th attempt but wary of paying out yet again only to be denied.

I have done the first 4 RideLondon's (through ballot 3 times and 1 charity place) and loved them. I didn't get through the ballot this year. You don't have to pay if you don't get in.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bob I have Zwift on 50% or something. It allows me to be mid Cass 50-14 at 90-95rpm at threshold power. Obviously pushing a bigger gear develops more power but at the expense of early fatigue in the legs. I never seem to be able to get onto 50-11 for the sprint as I need to wind it up and seem to run out of time ( probably poor technique)

Neo too realistic, :biggrin:. Welcome to virtual reality:tongue:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob I have Zwift on 50% or something. It allows me to be mid Cass 50-14 at 90-95rpm at threshold power. Obviously pushing a bigger gear develops more power but at the expense of early fatigue in the legs. I never seem to be able to get onto 50-11 for the sprint as I need to wind it up and seem to run out of time ( probably poor technique)

Neo too realistic, :biggrin:. Welcome to virtual reality:tongue:

Ha!
I may try it then. We know it doesn't affect speed so I won't feel too guilty. Not in Watopia mountain though. Unless I changed my set up to something like yours I need to benefit from know what it feels like and get legs and body used to riding those gradients in real life.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I only have a dumb trainer, so I don't get the effect of gradient on resistance - so all my races "feel" as though I'm on the flat - but my speed does obviously reflect the watts I am actually putting out. The watts are accurate as I am on P1 Pedals. I've considered upgrading to a smart turbo, but not made the leap yet.

Your pedals tell you that you have accurate power. I would say you are missing out on resistance changes but then I could have done without them yesterday :angry:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Mine is on 100% but I do spin quite high 90% of the time, found my self a few times at 110rpm on the flats, only drops to around 95rpm but I find it a little tough on the knees if I keep it up long enough.

I'm on my phone so can't check out strava and cadence

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Mine is on 100% but I do spin quite high 90% of the time, found my self a few times at 110rpm on the flats, only drops to around 95rpm but I find it a little tough on the knees if I keep it up long enough.

I'm on my phone so can't check out strava and cadence

Coming back in train from test driving Nissan Leaf. I have time,. Dean last race you average d cadence 102, with a peak of 127-eek.

I must say that in races I find I need a highish cadence to react to pace changes in the group. Using a lower cadence requires leg strength which is needed later on for the inevitable pace increase over the last few miles

berty bassett

Legendary Member
do you all have separate cadence counter on ? or does the neo do it somehow - i havent put the one on that i used to use as i still had figures coming up but thinking about it - i have no idea where its getting those figures from !

Top Bottom