Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I have done the first 4 RideLondon's (through ballot 3 times and 1 charity place) and loved them. I didn't get through the ballot this year. You don't have to pay if you don't get in.

Yep nothing lost if you don't get in. 2 mins to fill out the form.

Si_c, I know what you're saying. Adventure out on your on, with a freind(s), a club, a sportive etc. All good alternatives depending what your thing is. But closed roads around London and Surrey is a bit unique isn't it. I was put off a bit by not getting through the ballot a few times. I'd also heard stories of crashes and carnage... I saw a bit but maybe I was lucky being in an early start group. It turned out to be a great experience for me and I have a bit of a phobia of mass participation events in general.

Like I say it's another chance for the cyclechat turbo crew to get together and take the piss out of each other!

(I might copyright 'cyclechat turbo crew', but to be fair I don't think anyone's going to copy it...ever...)

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
do you all have separate cadence counter on ? or does the neo do it somehow - i havent put the one on that i used to use as i still had figures coming up but thinking about it - i have no idea where its getting those figures from !

You need a separate one Lee else software deant know, because gearing will change rpm on Neo. Only needed if you're particularly bothered about knowing your cadence

bobinski

Legendary Member
Mine is on 100% but I do spin quite high 90% of the time, found my self a few times at 110rpm on the flats, only drops to around 95rpm but I find it a little tough on the knees if I keep it up long enough.

I'm on my phone so can't check out strava and cadence

18 months ago i span at 95ish but i think i have slowed, perhaps due to old age and all that but hopefully only because fitness/leg strength has fallen as a result of my knee, periods off bike etc. (I had to get it in somewhere :tongue:) It would be foolish of me to think i have maintained fitness levels let alone improved them. That's what next few months are about before a hectic winter of racing the rest of you:bicycle::biggrin: :hugs:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I think Zwift guesses your cadence if you don't have a sensor. I've noticed it still shows an (incorrect) cadence when I remove the pedal magnet.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Can't be arsed working today :tongue:

si_c

Guru
do you all have separate cadence counter on ? or does the neo do it somehow - i havent put the one on that i used to use as i still had figures coming up but thinking about it - i have no idea where its getting those figures from !

I don't have a Neo, but I do have a cadence sensor. I have one on all my bikes as I'm a stats guy. Just checked my last race on Zwift, 88rpm average peaking at 145. Part of that is that my turbo bike has 52/42 and 14/28 gearing on it, which means I have to spin to maintain higher powers. It also means my maximum sprint power is limited, so I have to go for long.

si_c

Guru
Si_c, I know what you're saying. Adventure out on your on, with a freind(s), a club, a sportive etc. All good alternatives depending what your thing is. But closed roads around London and Surrey is a bit unique isn't it. I was put off a bit by not getting through the ballot a few times. I'd also heard stories of crashes and carnage... I saw a bit but maybe I was lucky being in an early start group. It turned out to be a great experience for me and I have a bit of a phobia of mass participation events in general.

Yeah I get the closed road thing, that's the reason I applied a couple of times, but I've seen how poorly a lot of people ride in general in particular that class of rider who has all the lycra and carbon, but the bike handling skills of a drunk spaniel because they ride once a week, if it's dry, between May and September. They'd worry me in close proximity.

Top Bottom