Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
My opinion with this in mind is that only results from organised meet ups should count towards the league.
I fully agree with this. It’s unfair to get your results on flexi time. Then have multiple attempts. I won’t lose any sleep over it though. The whole point is to try & bring everyone together at the same time. :smile:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I am more than willing to see what the difference is between doing a solo ride and an organised race
I didn’t join on Thursday so just did a solo effort on a normal bike
If there is a race tomorrow or weds I will join and see what the difference is
Personally I don’t mind what people do But I wouldn’t want to use my time from tomorrow
I am thinking there will be a fair difference
Maybe the answer is to try and arrange our own meet up when we miss one and hope someone turns up ?

Del C

Veteran
I don’t really mind either way. But maybe excluding organised mass races or rides is fairer based on @peterob and my times today?

I’ve ridden league stages solo in the past when I couldn’t make the Thursday ride.

I didn’t pick the ride today to beat my previous time. I rode it because it was a long ride and I wasn’t able to do an IRL ride with the guys I normally ride with on a Tuesday. It just happened to use the same course as last Thursday.

If I’m honest I felt a little guilty about a 3 minute improvement from last Thursday because I know I put more effort in last Thursday for a slower time.

So maybe the simple rules should be either:

1. Ride the Thursday stage, or
2. Organise another meet up (if you can) or
3. Ride the stage solo
4. No times from other organised races or rides are allowed

How do people feel about that

The only alternative is @peterob ’s suggestion of a penalty if your time is from any other organised mass race or ride

Milzy

Guru
I don’t really mind either way. But maybe excluding organised mass races or rides is fairer based on @peterob and my times today?

I’ve ridden league stages solo in the past when I couldn’t make the Thursday ride.

I didn’t pick the ride today to beat my previous time. I rode it because it was a long ride and I wasn’t able to do an IRL ride with the guys I normally ride with on a Tuesday. It just happened to use the same course as last Thursday.

If I’m honest I felt a little guilty about a 3 minute improvement from last Thursday because I know I put more effort in last Thursday for a slower time.

So maybe the simple rules should be either:

1. Ride the Thursday stage, or
2. Organise another meet up (if you can) or
3. Ride the stage solo
4. No times from other organised races or rides are allowed

How do people feel about that

The only alternative is @peterob ’s suggestion of a penalty if your time is from any other organised mass race or ride
Sounds fair to me

Norry1

Legendary Member
Planning to do the 16.05 3R Innsbruckring Flat Race - 2 Laps (17.6km) today if anyone about.

bridgy

Legendary Member
No critcism or judgement of anyone having previously set league stage times on organised races - we're still working all this out for ourselves after all!

But good points made. Sometimes we base a league on things like the Tour of Watopia, or a Hare & Hounds race etc. which involve big group rides anyway, so in those circumstances I think it would be fine to set your own time separately from within a race if you miss the first or "official" race stage. But when we're just basing it on meetup rides I agree that doing a time within a race would be unfair. I agree with @Del C 's suggestion that if you can't make the Thursday meetup you either set up another meetup at an alternative time, or ride the route solo outside of an organised event to keep things as fair as possible. And each stage will either be "NO TT BIKES ALLOWED" or "TT BIKES ONLY".

Norry1

Legendary Member
Planning to do the 16.05 3R Innsbruckring Flat Race - 2 Laps (17.6km) today if anyone about.

Well that was quite a good race. I like that circuit, with the one minute kicker hill.

Zwift bunged me out again though without saving the ride and not downloading to Strava. I finished the race, looked at the results screens for a while and then when I clicked OK to finish looking at the results, it just threw me out. Zwiftpower still shows the results but Zwift and Strava don't. This has happened twice now in exactly the same way.

Anyone else had this?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well that was quite a good race. I like that circuit, with the one minute kicker hill.

Zwift bunged me out again though without saving the ride and not downloading to Strava. I finished the race, looked at the results screens for a while and then when I clicked OK to finish looking at the results, it just threw me out. Zwiftpower still shows the results but Zwift and Strava don't. This has happened twice now in exactly the same way.

Anyone else had this?

Have you looked in the Zwift folder to see if ride is there. You can manually upload

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hi Del. You're right - I did choose that event because it was on the course for our stage and at a time I was looking to ride. I thought it'd be more interesting than just riding the course solo ^_^. I didn't realise it was such a big ride (over 300 riders in mine) so I did end up riding a large proportion of it in a largish group.

Consequently I (we) did get a significant advantage. I realised this during the ride so did a fair bit of pulling at the front to try and negate that but the table below showing our Strava times indicates I still got a large advantage. If you compare mine and Bridgy's stats (we're a similar weight) you'll see that although I averaged only 5W more, my time was almost 5 mins quicker! :ohmy:

Not sure what to do in this situation with this wrt the league. What are people's thoughts?
a) Take the time as it is - you win some you lose some
b) Take the time of a comparable ride (eg I'd take Bridgy's time as we're a similar weight and we produced similar watts)
c) If you do a group event, the time used should be 110% of your finishing time (or something similar)
d) Any other ideas?

View attachment 470378
a) You win some you lose some :okay: Not that different to what we (well I did anyway :whistle:) used to do on Bkool by adding ghosts to help speed us along.

All's fair in cycling and war :ninja:

Just as happy to go with general consensus - happy any which way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom