Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I feel a panto moment coming on

O no we weren’t

No prizes for guessing which characters you’d play ^_^

peterob

Veteran
Didn't get the chance to do the stage earlier. Hope you're all enjoying it now as I type ^_^

Will probably do it tomorrow afternoon now.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well had a sore throat all day. Dropped my chain twice on them silly steep climbs. Didn’t matter any way I was always going to blow up today.
That course is horrible. It’s worse than hell. If I was feeling as good as Sean Kelly I’d have struggled trying to stay with you two guys.
I thought you were doing really well for most of it considering you're under the weather - one nasty hill too many though I guess?!

Good ride though everyone - the segment we can use is "LAMONT CHAMPIONSHIP 2019"(not the similarly named one with everything bagel in the name) - results from today for the league @peterob :

20190613_201718.jpg

Del C

Veteran
I thought you were doing really well for most of it considering you're under the weather - one nasty hill too many though I guess?!

Good ride though everyone - the segment we can use is "LAMONT CHAMPIONSHIP 2019"(not the similarly named one with everything bagel in the name) - results from today for the league @peterob :

View attachment 470586
I was right with you guys until the first climb and then..................... bang!

:surrender:

Alongo

Guru
Good riding everyone, didn’t like the course much :shy: , don’t ride on the New York course much . Found it tough , at one point I was out of the saddle going down a 5% hill trying to push 230 watts, don’t know if it’s me or the trainer :wacko: .

Del C

Veteran
It's a nasty course but I think that makes it a good workout.

The flat parts actually roll quite bit and the climbs are sharp and keep going maybe a bit more than you'd like.

I know what @Alongo means about pushing downhill. Its even tougher trying to push on the descent when you've just come up a 15% climb!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Believe it or not I’ve never rode that course before. xx( Really struggled cheers @Whorty for dragging me home.
I thought you dragged me home :hugs:

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong.
  • Legs like lead
  • Chest burning
  • HRM lost power, which always impacts the NEO connection beforehand so I can only push about 185 watts. Pushing like mad but going nowhere!
  • Then lost connection completely so had to stop and go to connections and de select the HRM
  • Remembered then that I was at about 25% reality, so stopped again to switch to 100% (which I prefer when climbing)
That's when Brendan joined me. I was so buggered by then all I could do was hang on to his wheel and try to punch over any lump.

Saying all that though I did get some PBs. 2nd best time on the first KoM (8 seconds short on my PB). 2nd KoM I was a minute down on my PB but I wasn't pushing there and had already decided to stay with Brendan so still not too bad.

May have to do that again over the weekend if feeling a bit better :bicycle:

Milzy

Guru
Good riding everyone, didn’t like the course much :shy: , don’t ride on the New York course much . Found it tough , at one point I was out of the saddle going down a 5% hill trying to push 230 watts, don’t know if it’s me or the trainer :wacko: .
I had trainer difficulty set to 75% & it was torture. Last 5 miles went on forever, just closed my eyes up the hills.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I was thinking you haven't been quite at the level you were a few weeks back - had assumed you were tired from real world rides or something. Do you think it might be your trainer though? Which trainer do you have?

Top Bottom