Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alongo

Guru
I was thinking you haven't been quite at the level you were a few weeks back - had assumed you were tired from real world rides or something. Do you think it might be your trainer though? Which trainer do you have?
I have an Elite Direto , I’ve been really happy with it for 18 months. It is calibrated with the Elite app and is more or less spot on, the belt is in perfect condition and it’s not making any strange noises etc. Been in touch with Elite and will see if they can help .
Just don’t seem to be getting the output out as I was recently , used to doing 260 - 280 watts for an hour in Zwift races and can usually do a decent 400/450 blast for first minute of a race but don’t seem to be getting near that at the moment . Still feeling pretty nippy IRW , not getting any longish rides in really though .

Norry1

Legendary Member
Spent most of today watching the ladies in the Women's Tour which started in Warwick. Enjoyable if rather rain filled day. Will post a few pics tomorrow.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I have an Elite Direto , I’ve been really happy with it for 18 months. It is calibrated with the Elite app and is more or less spot on, the belt is in perfect condition and it’s not making any strange noises etc. Been in touch with Elite and will see if they can help .
Just don’t seem to be getting the output out as I was recently , used to doing 260 - 280 watts for an hour in Zwift races and can usually do a decent 400/450 blast for first minute of a race but don’t seem to be getting near that at the moment . Still feeling pretty nippy IRW , not getting any longish rides in really though .

Has your general condition changed alongo? Are you racing more, less, or the same amount as you were at your recent strongest? Have you done a hard ride the last couple of days?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Regarding New York “, it’s defo my least favourite course I think. Like being stuck in a pinball machine filled with treacle!

Glad I missed it!
Yes, there are parts of New York that are like riding through treacle aren't there! I think it's the uphill on the futuristic glass road that does it - the weird road surface doesn't give the same visual sense of speed that you normally gets so it tricks the mind into thinking you're going slower than you are!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yes, there are parts of New York that are like riding through treacle aren't there! I think it's the uphill on the futuristic glass road that does it - the weird road surface doesn't give the same visual sense of speed that you normally gets so it tricks the mind into thinking you're going slower than you are!

Yeah definitely. I’d like New York to be closer to New York. But then I guess it’d be pan flat and not much of a course. And I’ve heard lots of people say they like it the way it is so... you can’t please everyone all of the time I guess! I just try and stick to the more natural looking courses. Now excuse me while I cycle through a sea tunnel and look at all the big fishies!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yeah definitely. I’d like New York to be closer to New York. But then I guess it’d be pan flat and not much of a course. And I’ve heard lots of people say they like it the way it is so... you can’t please everyone all of the time I guess! I just try and stick to the more natural looking courses. Now excuse me while I cycle through a sea tunnel and look at all the big fishies!
There are a couple of New York routes which stick to ground level and are apparently accurate re-creations - as you say I think they just added the elevated sections to provide some climbing

Norry1

Legendary Member
I thought you were doing really well for most of it considering you're under the weather - one nasty hill too many though I guess?!

Good ride though everyone - the segment we can use is "LAMONT CHAMPIONSHIP 2019"(not the similarly named one with everything bagel in the name) - results from today for the league @peterob :

View attachment 470586

Will this segment come up if I just select the route "Everything Bagel"? How will I know when it starts and finishes?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Will this segment come up if I just select the route "Everything Bagel"? How will I know when it starts and finishes?
I should just go for it as soon as you spawn for 23 miles

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
i'm not a fan of the futuristic parts of NY either .... I like to know where I am and what's coming up, but I'm continually lost in NY! Would much prefer NY to be like London. But, hey ho, can't have everything :biggrin:

Milzy

Guru
It would be a decent race through Innsbruck. At least the massive hill isn’t going up & down like the pit of despair that is bagel.

peterob

Veteran
I thought you were doing really well for most of it considering you're under the weather - one nasty hill too many though I guess?!

Good ride though everyone - the segment we can use is "LAMONT CHAMPIONSHIP 2019"(not the similarly named one with everything bagel in the name) - results from today for the league @peterob :

View attachment 470586

Cheers @bridgy - I've updated the league with last night's times.

I'm planning on doing it later today. Sound like it'll be a real slog doing it solo with no CC wheels to suck or hares to chase :crazy:
JuneLeague.png

Top Bottom