Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Congrats! I think I still have 20000 metres left or something mad (maybe just shy of 100k feet done?).

It sounds like you’re well on the way too! You’ll get the bike before next summer for sure if you do the alpe once and sometimes twice a week.

<Tommy>

Very few have done the triple Alpe route, @berty bassett has in a very quick and consistent climb times. There again Lee does everything in 3's !!

300 mile out for a jaunt ride to Scotland:hello:

I think I did it 3x twice before the summer. I’ve seen plenty of guys everesting it as I plod up.

I don’t know how much good it did me to be honest. I guess it’s good to find out your limits but it took me a while to recover both times and it’s a long time to spend on a turbo.

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
Currently on the alpe despite chain dropping twice and zwift sending me away from the right route just as Italy scored a try. Need to try and finish before Ireland Scotland game!

Edit: anything uphill is good

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Very few have done the triple Alpe route, @berty bassett has in a very quick and consistent climb times. There again Lee does everything in 3's !!

300 mile out for a jaunt ride to Scotland:hello:
I did the double, turned around at the bottom and thought about a 3rd climb and thought feck that! I will do it at some stage, when /i can find the time, but it will be a pootle!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
In time I will probably move over to either the Tacx or Wahoo bikes. I like both offerings and the reviews are positive with what seems sorted gear feel/select.

JuhaL

Guru
In time I will probably move over to either the Tacx or Wahoo bikes. I like both offerings and the reviews are positive with what seems sorted gear feel/select.
Wahoo bike is very impressive. It doesn't look futuristic like Tacx it is more like solid as a rock look. Maybe next generation bike includes rechargeable wireless shifters like Sram. Wahoo is more customized than Tacx.

<Tommy>

Can't barely wait when GPLama release his Kickr Bike ride review. Part 1 video is already released.

Are you tempted to get one juhal?

My biggest reservation is how durable they’re going to be. It’ll be a pain in the arse sending them back and forward if things fail.

Juhal I’m not sure why you think the wahoo looks more solid? It only really has one point of support. Which also moves so it can change angle for climbing. My gut tells me the tacx can take more abuse.

JuhaL

Guru
Are you tempted to get one juhal?

My biggest reservation is how durable they’re going to be. It’ll be a pain in the arse sending them back and forward if things fail.

Juhal I’m not sure why you think the wahoo looks more solid? It only really has one point of support. Which also moves so it can change angle for climbing. My gut tells me the tacx can take more abuse.
A bit interested yes. But now i have a good trainer so it's not current now, maybe next time when i need a new trainer. I would like to know more how this work over the years.

I like Wahoo Bike Tommy, i didn't meant solid look with that. I just quote peoples opinion from the net. Some things that it looks like few metal tubes are welted together, for me it wakes more trust.

Top Bottom