Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
mate, just looking forward to the sprint 😛

😄

rest assured all comments are being logged :okay:

you racing tonight?

<Tommy>

@<Tommy> how's the new trainer?

so far very good TB. I need to reserve judgment a bit. I’ve seen a few comments where issues haven’t started for a couple of hundred miles. And I don’t think I’ve ton 100 yet. But so far it’s been brilliant. It’s incredibly smooth feeling. And its deadly silent.

generally I’m chuffed with it. Stand alone bikes aren’t for everyone. But for me it’s perfect. It’s just a big hunk of plastic that I don’t have to worry about getting sweat damaged or have to maintain beyond a certain point. There’s no little crevices or metal parts for sweat to attack, so it’s easy just to give it a wipe down after a ride and forget about. I don’t worry about it getting knocked or moved. And I can really hammer it without thinking about the frame getting damaged.
I’m also really pleased with the build quality. It’s not pretty to look at but it’s so functional I forgive it. For the first time I think my set up is perfect and hassle free. Apple TV helps with that too. I just climb on the bike and within a few seconds I’m up and going.

<Tommy>

Result so cheers @kipster @CXRAndy wiggle agreed today to take back Kickr no 3 and refund so looks like neo for me. I still have kickr no 2 which was waiting to be collected so going to postpone sending that back until neo arrives. So @<Tommy> im using a noisy rumbly trainer tonight! Any good?

That’s good news mate. Did you have the KICKR climb too? Hopefully you have more luck with the neo.

(let’s face it, you’ll get no luck with that crappy ‘excuse’:rolleyes:)

On a side note I think some of you need to look @bobinski for a bit of inspiration and step up your game. This is a guy who not only laid the ground work by saying he’s doing a sufferfest session. But will no doubt have any number of mechanical failures stored up in his back pocket if he does make it to the start line by some miracle. Multi layered excuses fellas. it’s the next level it really is!:notworthy:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well that was fun xx(. Sorry for putting you through that - I can't wait till the re-run on Thursday....

Segment to use for times is the one below - 34.46 for me:

Top Bottom