Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
You racing Road to Ruins with us again tonight @IrishAl ? I see that Lee, Tommy and I will be there so just thinking about tactics....:whistle:
Sorry gents. I was busy at work for a change ^_^ and didn’t see your messages. I was going to sit it out and just let the mind games pan out. Either you could all work together to take some time back or worse put tile into me...or else mark each other to the extent that only @berty bassett gains from his Tues performance. Hmm it will be interesting reading back to see what happened.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
57:51 @peterob for me please

I hate that course - destroys my legs. Did my best 👍

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Well fancy sprinting from that far out ! I stand by what I said - hope your sick

To be honest I wasn’t too sure where the finish was and the last two times I’ve done that course I’ve been caught out on the line by Lars and Bob. So I just thought sod it. (I do feel bloody awful now you’ll be pleased to hear...)

That was not my plan! Can't even really remember how I got the gap on you two to start with but I noticed it was growing so I pushed on... then I looked at how far left to go :cry:

you and lee always fly up that first hill. Kills me... I didn’t think I’d stay the pace but I just didn’t want to get dropped up there. At the top when the gap opened a little i was spent but to be honest I didn’t think the gap would open as much as it did. But I guess lee was feeling it too because neither of us could tow the other over to you. I’m not sure if we should of tried harder when the gap went down to 5 seconds. Could see you. But I was dying inside. I guess lee was suffering tonight too by then because most days he dumps on those hills.

@berty bassett ’s time minus 3 seconds for me please Pete 😜

bridgy

Legendary Member
Sorry gents. I was busy at work for a change ^_^ and didn’t see your messages. I was going to sit it out and just let the mind games pan out. Either you could all work together to take some time back or worse put tile into me...or else mark each other to the extent that only @berty bassett gains from his Tues performance. Hmm it will be interesting reading back to see what happened.
I thought the best tactic to get a good time to challenge yours would be to work together with Lee and Tommy for as long as possible - with the strongest one of us ( hopefully me!) winning in some kind of sprint finish or late attack towards the end, so that was my plan.

So of course I ended up attacking solo with 20+km to go. Don't ask me why :headshake:

Pretty happy with my time and power though - probably about as far behind you as I deserve to be!

bridgy

Legendary Member
To be honest I wasn’t too sure where the finish was and the last two times I’ve done that course I’ve been caught out on the line by Lars and Bob. So I just thought sod it. (I do feel bloody awful now you’ll be pleased to hear...)

you and lee always fly up that first hill. Kills me... I didn’t think I’d stay the pace but I just didn’t want to get dropped up there. At the top when the gap opened a little i was spent but to be honest I didn’t think the gap would open as much as it did. But I guess lee was feeling it too because neither of us could tow the other over to you. I’m not sure if we should of tried harder when the gap went down to 5 seconds. Could see you. But I was dying inside. I guess lee was suffering tonight too by then because most days he dumps on those hills.

@berty bassett ’s time minus 3 seconds for me please Pete 😜
Hitting that first hill hard was insurance against being mugged by Lee, rather than an attempt to drop anyone!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
New Zwift app update on iOS just released.

Whorty

I was pushing with all I had to keep in front of you ,I was expecting to see you wiss past me :bicycle:

well done all

3 times for me that course this week
ha ha, no, legs were not going to let me get anywhere near you tonight. I was hoping to catch you up the jungle climb but just couldn't get any speed going on that damn gravel. From then on, I knew I was doomed :B)

Whorty

A clear win in the poll for doing a slow rolling start behind the meetup leader until the timed segment start banner so we'll start doing that as of next week
I had this naive idea we was doing that tonight ..... until you all buggered off and left me on my own :laugh: I need to concentrate more 🤔

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Some great times tonight. I went deep on the climb out of the jungle to get the sub 49. I wouldn’t fancy going at that one again in a hurry.

Marino.g

Veteran
Did another solo for the road to ruins.
1:04:50 for me but on the last run it was 56:20 is it all to do with the gravel roads or me being crap.
What was the difference between your first run to this run.
090606EE-F0A9-4365-B9E1-C0F61E6A72F1.png

Top Bottom