Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My time was way down on previous attempts. I've not ridden gravel till last night with new drag algorithm, so I suspect that was why. I was a whole 2 mins slower descending into the bottom of the ruins with more power than last year.

mjd1988

Guru
Mine was nearly 10 minutes down from previous best effort as well. A combination of the gravel (which just mentally destroys me for some reason) and the 1st ride was probably a group ride or face with some draft element whereas I was on my own this time around.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Mine was nearly 10 minutes down from previous best effort as well. A combination of the gravel (which just mentally destroys me for some reason) and the 1st ride was probably a group ride or face with some draft element whereas I was on my own this time around.
Yes mine was 9 mins slower than previous best, which was probably done in mass race event

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Some great times tonight. I went deep on the climb out of the jungle to get the sub 49. I wouldn’t fancy going at that one again in a hurry.

I often here people talk about the jungle but I can’t work out what bit it actually is. I should really look at the zwift map one of these days... how far in was that climb?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
My time was way down on previous attempts. I've not ridden gravel till last night with new drag algorithm, so I suspect that was why. I was a whole 2 mins slower descending into the bottom of the ruins with more power than last year.

How are you finding the TrainerRoad andy? I saw on Strava the other day you’re doing some pretty long rides.

JuhaL

Guru
Riding on a gravel is clearly slower now but is anyone compare the the power output those segments, is it higher or same despite of slower speed.

bobinski

Legendary Member
9 min slower than in a race in April this year but higher power this time.

peterob

Veteran
Some great times last night. @bridgy came close, but not quite close enough to challenge @IrishAl, who takes his third straight stage win. We'll all be looking closely and bumping him back up to cat A as soon as possible :laugh:

With one stage left, there are very close gaps throughout the league. So go full-gas next week and if you're missing or want to re-do any stages, you've until the end of next weekend to complete.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I did post a message during the warmup to confirm what we were doing, but it soon got lost amongst a load of messages about Lee's flies being undone or something...:rolleyes:
I think I joined just after that ... first thing I saw was something about Lee's flies :eek: I was only kidding though, wouldn't have changed my plan, which was to ride from the back and not burn myself out trying to stick with you all in the run in to the KoM section. My plan didn't work :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Some great times last night. @bridgy came close, but not quite close enough to challenge @IrishAl, who takes his third straight stage win. We'll all be looking closely and bumping him back up to cat A as soon as possible :laugh:

With one stage left, there are very close gaps throughout the league. So go full-gas next week and if you're missing or want to re-do any stages, you've until the end of next weekend to complete.
View attachment 490458
Mega close in Cat C If @CXRAndy does stage 1, and posts a time similar to the rest of us, it could end up with 5 of us with 80 seconds of each other with just the Alpe to come ^_^ Of course, it's not just the Alpe ..... it's the gravel roads going into the that could determine the time gaps 🤔

Or are we just going to use the Alpe Strava segment for the final stage, so we can cruise to the base and do a full powered climb?

Top Bottom