Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
How are you finding the TrainerRoad andy? I saw on Strava the other day you’re doing some pretty long rides.

Im finding it OK Tommy. I'm using traditional endurance base program, to recapture my cardio fitness. Week 3 so far, then a easy week before jumping up a level. I've decided to do the odd race(noticed) to peak up my VO2 at the same time this winter. Planning to keep at it till Christmas, then onto a build program to add power. My average watts jumped around 10W from last week, so improving. I do use Zwift as the entertainment on the long rides.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Mega close in Cat C If @CXRAndy does stage 1, and posts a time similar to the rest of us, it could end up with 5 of us with 80 seconds of each other with just the Alpe to come ^_^ Of course, it's not just the Alpe ..... it's the gravel roads going into the that could determine the time gaps 🤔

Or are we just going to use the Alpe Strava segment for the final stage, so we can cruise to the base and do a full powered climb?
What was stage 1 ? I could add it next week hopefully

Breedon

Legendary Member
I'm planning on doing stage 2 again at the weekend which is the TT stage I think, would like to take off 30 seconds but 21 seconds would be good enough for me to take second place currently 🥈 not sure what day or time yet but London is on Saturday and Sunday :B)

bridgy

Legendary Member
Mega close in Cat C If @CXRAndy does stage 1, and posts a time similar to the rest of us, it could end up with 5 of us with 80 seconds of each other with just the Alpe to come ^_^ Of course, it's not just the Alpe ..... it's the gravel roads going into the that could determine the time gaps 🤔

Or are we just going to use the Alpe Strava segment for the final stage, so we can cruise to the base and do a full powered climb?
Next stage isn't teh Alpe, it will be the mountain - https://www.strava.com/segments/12483517. (The Alpe route never works in meetups - people get sent in different directions and it all goes horribly wrong). Timings will be for the full segment as per the link above :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm planning on doing stage 2 again at the weekend which is the TT stage I think, would like to take off 30 seconds but 21 seconds would be good enough for me to take second place currently 🥈 not sure what day or time yet but London is on Saturday and Sunday :B)
I'm more tempted to re-do this again too, to gain time, rather than that nasty Jungle route. Again, not sure what time yet but likely Sat or Sun afternoon 👍

bridgy

Legendary Member
Did another solo for the road to ruins.
1:04:50 for me but on the last run it was 56:20 is it all to do with the gravel roads or me being crap.
What was the difference between your first run to this run. View attachment 490455 View attachment 490455

View attachment 490455
Yep, that'll mostly be the change Zwift have made to rolling resistance on the gravel roads - of which there are a lot in the Road to Ruins route! The update was on 3rd October so your faster time was before the changes were made. Road bike wheelsets are now 6-8kph slower on dirt/gravel sections. The mountain bike is faster on the dirt, but slower on tarmac - you can only get the mountain bike by unlocking it on the new steering section. I suspect Zwift are planning to release some gravel bikes/wheelsets at some stage so we can make appropriate equipment choices for routes with gravel sections - a bit like we do now if there's a big climb and we choose a lighter fram/wheelset. But the way they've changed rolling resistance on the gravel has made a HUGE difference to speed/times on those sections.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

If we’re doing another poll I vote 8th place doesn’t get a silver meddle. Maybe that’s just me:cuppa:

Top Bottom