Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I really like that hill climb from both sides of it. There’s something about the way it levels off a bit and then goes near vertical at the end that makes for really good racing. And having the descent sort of levels the playing field. Long enough too!:B)
It's definitely a hill you need to hit with something left in the tank, and not to have gone in the red too early in the ride.

LBHIFI

Veteran
I sure know how to pick 'em :rolleyes:, should have gone Zwift instead . I chose a record-breaking wet November to do my outside endurance build.

New Ultegra chain worn down in just one month. And it's not just the chain. Virtually all components are worn down from the continuous rain and sand grinding.

I think I can now safely recommend the Castelli Gabba jacket for rainy days.

JuhaL

Guru
When i find motivation i should clean chain, cassette and chainrings. I was a bit of disappointed about Muc-Off Hydrodynamic lube. It make the chain more dirty than other products i had, and i'm talking indoor cycling not outdoor, too expensive product.. I just bought Squirt Long Lasting Chain Lube, i hope it's a good product. Need to clean drivetrain first before i use it.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
vet
I sure know how to pick 'em :rolleyes:, should have gone Zwift instead . I chose a record-breaking wet November to do my outside endurance build.

New Ultegra chain worn down in just one month. And it's not just the chain. Virtually all components are worn down from the continuous rain and sand grinding.

I think I can now safely recommend the Castelli Gabba jacket for rainy days.
i salute you sir , that takes dedication with just a dash of crazy
I have wimped out of going outside for ages now - and it’s not even officially winter yet !
hope it has all paid off for you

Alongo

Guru
When i find motivation i should clean chain, cassette and chainrings. I was a bit of disappointed about Muc-Off Hydrodynamic lube. It make the chain more dirty than other products i had, and i'm talking indoor cycling not outdoor, too expensive product.. I just bought Squirt Long Lasting Chain Lube, i hope it's a good product. Need to clean drivetrain first before i use it.
Just starting using Squirt lube on indoor bike, seems pretty good. Bought a couple of chains and cleaned degreased them first, seems to last quite a while, you can tell when it needs relying as drive train starts to get noisy . Also , to try and encourage me to get out IRW a bit more I have just bought a gravel bike to use for commuting , winter , do it all.
Having a weekend in Lake District this weekend and had bike all packed up to take for a nice couple of hours on Sunday morning. Changed my mind and left bike at home when it was -2 degrees and frost everywhere, it will be even colder in lakes and a very high chance of black ice . It is gorgeous crispy clear cold weather here this weekend but I'm not prepared to risk the chance of coming off on black ice anymore .

LBHIFI

Veteran
Washed my bike and lubed chain after every commute...can't imagine the state the bike would have been in if I hadn't.
Just orderet a shitload of spareparts and a new gadtet (I love gadgets ^_^)...a backligt with build-in radar to detect cars coming from behind, and it connects to my headunit too...very convenient :okay:

LBHIFI

Veteran
vet

i salute you sir , that takes dedication with just a dash of crazy
I have wimped out of going outside for ages now - and it’s not even officially winter yet !
Thanks Berty. I have no idea what it will do for me. It's a bit of an experiment to be frank.
Not really expecting to reap the benefit until next year.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Just starting using Squirt lube on indoor bike, seems pretty good. Bought a couple of chains and cleaned degreased them first, seems to last quite a while, you can tell when it needs relying as drive train starts to get noisy . Also , to try and encourage me to get out IRW a bit more I have just bought a gravel bike to use for commuting , winter , do it all.
Having a weekend in Lake District this weekend and had bike all packed up to take for a nice couple of hours on Sunday morning. Changed my mind and left bike at home when it was -2 degrees and frost everywhere, it will be even colder in lakes and a very high chance of black ice . It is gorgeous crispy clear cold weather here this weekend but I'm not prepared to risk the chance of coming off on black ice anymore .
The do a pretty decent job keeping the ice away from roads here, but the problem with a 2 hour commute is keeping the water in the water bottle from freezing.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Washed my bike and lubed chain after every commute...can't imagine the state the bike would have been in if I hadn't.
Just orderet a shitload of spareparts and a new gadtet (I love gadgets ^_^)...a backligt with build-in radar to detect cars coming from behind, and it connects to my headunit too...very convenient :okay:

Why are the roads so bad Lars. Are they heavily gritted to fight against ice?

LBHIFI

Veteran
Just took a FTP test. There seem to be a slight improvement

1575127448944.png

1575127428312.png

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

I’d recommend just using muc off dry lube or something similar. You just need a relatively thin lube indoors because you’re not fighting against bad conditions

JuhaL

Guru
I’d recommend just using muc off dry lube or something similar. You just need a relatively thin lube indoors because you’re not fighting against bad conditions
How well this dry lube keep chain clean?. Every time when i use Hydrodynamic lube chain was black after every ride, especially from the frame side. I have read lot of good reviews about Squirt lube, that's why i decided to try it.

Top Bottom