Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Just took a FTP test. There seem to be a slight improvement

View attachment 494835

View attachment 494834
:notworthy:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
How well this dry lube keep chain clean?. Every time when i use Hydrodynamic lube chain was black after every ride, especially from the frame side. I have read lot of good reviews about Squirt lube, that's why i decided to try it.

It’s a light lube juhal. It’s meant for riding in the dry. It’s normally the wet lubes that get the most gunky. I only mention muc off because it’s the one I like to use. But to be honest I’m sure any dry lube is good for the turbo because all you really need to do is keep the chain well lubed rather than protecting it against water. If you get a rag or some kitchen roll and wipe the chain after each session that will stop the sweat from corroding the chain.

I’m interested to see how you get on with the squirt lube. I’ve never used it.

kipster

Guru
I've been using banana slip tungsten all weather lube on the outdoors winter bike and whatever conditions I ride in the chain comes home shiny.

I reapply every 100 miles or so.

Turbo bikes gets a bit of muc off ceramic lube once in a blue moon.

Last edited:
Just orderet a shitload of spareparts and a new gadtet (I love gadgets ^_^)...a backligt with build-in radar to detect cars coming from behind, and it connects to my headunit too...very convenient :okay:

if it’s the garmin radar you have ordered you will be pleased, I have used one since I was forced of the road by a bus when I first started riding , I have the dedicated head unit for it and also connected to my garmin edge 1000 beeps and gives a visible display ,very good bit of kit

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
Traffic code suppose to change next year in here Finland what means that cyclist in here need to use red tail light, that garmin radar would be neat.

mjd1988

Guru
I use dry lube on the turbo. Probably don't top it up enough though

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Lars, my understanding of zone 2 training is to do several months. The adaptions of your body allows more mitochondria development improving type 1 muscle fibres

The knock on is you can do the same base level at a lower heart rate or your power level increases for the same heart rate.

Once you see a plateau in this improvement in base fitness, its time to add in build and power development.

The longer you continue to build this base level work by either increasing volume or duration per week, the larger the pyramid base.

The skill is to time your progression onto power at the right time to peak for your season.

I reckon the ultimate route is what Martin's done and get a coach who will create a structured development plan to bring your fitness along and peak for season.

Having seen some of Martin's Strava he is making excellent progress. Come the spring it will be interesting to see how fast he has become

Attachments

• 00FCD58E-3D18-45BF-B027-A16369CB59D2.png
    00FCD58E-3D18-45BF-B027-A16369CB59D2.png
    205.3 KB · Views: 7
  • AC3CA8BA-BA53-4BE0-8E0F-44AF9AC6E423.png
    AC3CA8BA-BA53-4BE0-8E0F-44AF9AC6E423.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 8

LBHIFI

Veteran
Lars, my understanding of zone 2 training is to do several months. The adaptions of your body allows more mitochondria development improving type 1 muscle fibres

The knock on is you can do the same base level at a lower heart rate or your power level increases for the same heart rate.

Once you see a plateau in this improvement in base fitness, its time to add in build and power development.

The longer you continue to build this base level work by either increasing volume or duration per week, the larger the pyramid base.

The skill is to time your progression onto power at the right time to peak for your season.

I reckon the ultimate route is what Martin's done and get a coach who will create a structured development plan to bring your fitness along and peak for season.

Having seen some of Martin's Strava he is making excellent progress. Come the spring it will be interesting to see how fast he has become
If weather permits, I'll continue to do Zone 2 until Christmas, where I'll have a week away from the bike and will get proper rested. CTL is now 84 and will grow to about 95 I think.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Washed my bike and lubed chain after every commute...can't imagine the state the bike would have been in if I hadn't.
Just orderet a shitload of spareparts and a new gadtet (I love gadgets ^_^)...a backligt with build-in radar to detect cars coming from behind, and it connects to my headunit too...very convenient :okay:
My varia radar works exactly as advertised.

Top Bottom