Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Are you joining in the league JuhaL
My plan at least is ride all Tour of London Stages and next year Tour de Zwift stages. But most of those meet-ups i need to skip.

Del C

Veteran
For these mass start events I find it best to log in early (ToW was at least 20 mins before start) and get to the front of the starting pen, that way stating in with the lead pack for as long as possible and avoiding being dropped early and stuck in someone’s sticky draft at 2wkg ^_^

Ssssh!

But yes, definitely the way to go, for the 1st stage the invite came 30 mins before the start and I blasted out for as long as I could go then dropped back and it worked well (and i always find it more motivating to chase people better than me or else I just relax and take forever)

Also seems to be better for my laptop to be near the front as there are less avatars about and it didn't freak out this time round

Well, well, well!

Did a little experiment this afternoon.

Joined the 1 lap ToL at 16.00. Made sure I joined the event around 20 minutes before the start and was near the front.

Hard to compare directly with the last nights 3 lap event, because I knew I could just blast and try and hang on today. But, I finished 28th out of 179 on Zwiftpower and 54th out of 452 according to Zwift. Lots of my Strava segment times were also faster than last night.

As I said above, hard to directly compare as keeping that effort going over another 2 laps would have been hard, but it seems that I got some clear benefit from joining earlier and staying with the front guys.

Trying to work out how to transfer this to @bridgy 's meet ups, but I'm guessing I might have to join the night before to stay near the front there! :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well, well, well!

Did a little experiment this afternoon.

Joined the 1 lap ToL at 16.00. Made sure I joined the event around 20 minutes before the start and was near the front.

Hard to compare directly with the last nights 3 lap event, because I knew I could just blast and try and hang on today. But, I finished 28th out of 179 on Zwiftpower and 54th out of 452 according to Zwift. Lots of my Strava segment times were also faster than last night.

As I said above, hard to directly compare as keeping that effort going over another 2 laps would have been hard, but it seems that I got some clear benefit from joining earlier and staying with the front guys.

Trying to work out how to transfer this to @bridgy 's meet ups, but I'm guessing I might have to join the night before to stay near the front there! :laugh:
I'm logging on in 10 mins to warm up. Will join the pens about 15 mins to go (was going to be 10, but I'm getting all stressed now :wacko: )

berty bassett

Legendary Member
May I suggest a white Mohican for riding tol - if your riding with someone you know it makes it a lot easier to spot each other - unless your in stealth mode

@Whorty gutted for you mate.
TOL stage 1 58.46 for me @peterob

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Whorty gutted for you mate.
TOL stage 1 58.46 for me @peterob
Nah, no worries. I probably went off way too fast, had the central heating on all day, and just miss-judged how warm the room was and I just overheated and popped. Started to feel a bit xx( and as need to shower etc wifey later figured it would be safer to bail. Hopefully I'll have a chance to do it again.

Excellent time for you Brendan :okay:

Nah, no worries. I probably went off way too fast, had the central heating on all day, and just miss-judged how warm the room was and I just overheated and popped. Started to feel a bit xx( and as need to shower etc wifey later figured it would be safer to bail. Hopefully I'll have a chance to do it again.

So fast at the start. Faster than normal I thought. I suppose it’s because A and B cats there also. Hard to not get sucked in and try told hold on and blow with a long stage like that one. You ll be fine next time. :okay:

JuhaL

Guru

Tomorrow start stage 2, i think it's xx( stage as well, despite if you ride 1 or 2 lap.

Top Bottom