Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Exactly. Second lap I darent take the foot off the gas at all...better to keep it steady than try and do any free wheeling
I find that if I ever accidentally find myself at the front of a group ,I never ease up , keep going the same speed as the group will soon swallow me up , if I slow at all it’s the beginning of a yo-yo effect that really saps energy , especially if it’s where the 3 or 4 little bumps are

peterob

Veteran
Right I think I've added everyone's stage 3 times to the league. Let me know if I've missed anyone.

Another stage victory for @IrishAl sees him open a gap at the top. Not too many close battles at the moment but there's still 3 stages to go (+ a make up day) to make a difference.

Felt pretty crap all week so have missed out on the ToL. Tried a stage on Monday but had to bail after 20 mins xx(

LBHIFI

Veteran
Ok, here's a little status write-up to bore you with on a Friday.

My weight is now down to 73.8 kg. I think the last time that happened was in my pre teen days. CTL is just over 93 so I'll probably land on 95 before taking a break with a week skiing in Italy.

One thing I have learned (or obtained) is that I can do a lot more with a pair of totally smashed up legs than I thought. The races I have done in our league all started with a very painfull pair of chopsticks but the further into the race the more I seem to forget how tired the legs are. In ToL stage 2 I did a lot better the second time on Box Hill. My pulse tend to be a little higher when I'm tired, but 162 bpm in ToL for more than one hour is unusual for me, at least without feeling like dying all the time.

And Randy here's all the equipment I need for commuting:

1576245469288.png

I always have 2 small "to be seen" lights on the bike. Furthermore I have the Garmin radar backlight, two 3000 lumens frontlights (one is backup), manual pump if Co2 should fail, Race blade Long mud gards and Durano Plus tires for extra puncture protection.

1576245520821.png

On the body I wear 4 layers while the Craft Storm bibs is enough to cope with all conditions for the lower body. One of the layers is just a normal jersey, so that I have more pockets to fill stuff in. That way I don't need a backpack.
Mavic winter boots and neoprene covers keeps the feet warm.

Ok, here's a little status write-up to bore you with on a Friday.

My weight is now down to 73.8 kg. I think the last time that happened was in my pre teen days. CTL is just over 93 so I'll probably land on 95 before taking a break with a week skiing in Italy.

One thing I have learned (or obtained) is that I can do a lot more with a pair of totally smashed up legs than I thought. The races I have done in our league all started with a very painfull pair of chopsticks but the further into the race the more I seem to forget how tired the legs are. In ToL stage 2 I did a lot better the second time on Box Hill. My pulse tend to be a little higher when I'm tired, but 162 bpm in ToL for more than one hour is unusual for me, at least without feeling like dying all the time.

And Randy here's all the equipment I need for commuting:

View attachment 496410

I always have 2 small "to be seen" lights on the bike. Furthermore I have the Garmin radar backlight, two 3000 lumens frontlights (one is backup), manual pump if Co2 should fail, Race blade Long mud gards and Durano Plus tires for extra puncture protection.

View attachment 496411
On the body I wear 4 layers while the Craft Storm bibs is enough to cope with all conditions for the lower body. One of the layers is just a normal jersey, so that I have more pockets to fill stuff in. That way I don't need a backpack.
Mavic winter boots and neoprene covers keeps the feet warm.
That makes your rides even more impressive. I like the looks of your setup except for the tri bars.

JuhaL

Guru
Can't ride Stage 3 in this weekend so i need to wait makeup days. It's not a best option because of lag of draft (less riders in makeup days i think) but what can i do.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Signed for the 2pm ToL stage 3 tomorrow ( Saturday 14th December) if anybody wants to join me :bicycle:
Too early for me I'm afraid, so have signed up for 4 o'clock. Same tactic as stage 2 .... roll with the group to the first climb. Punch up that. Recover on ascent and find a group to leach off, then punch up the 2nd climb. What could possibly go wrong? :whistle:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Can't ride Stage 3 in this weekend so i need to wait makeup days. It's not a best option because of lag of draft (less riders in makeup days i think) but what can i do.
Same here for stage 1 ... but I'm hoping there will still be enough riders to form a group to drag me along :tongue:

Too early for me I'm afraid, so have signed up for 4 o'clock. Same tactic as stage 2 .... roll with the group to the first climb. Punch up that. Recover on ascent and find a group to leach off, then punch up the 2nd climb. What could possibly go wrong? :whistle:

I can get it out of the way ,get showered sort the evening meal for us then have a few beers:cheers:

have a good one:bicycle:

Top Bottom