Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
I assume that Alan doesn’t ride that challenge as a non-stop, it is 24hr ride right?. Anyway, you are right Martin, better be carefull with the power.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Only problem with PC is the start of Zwift. I simply don’t get, why the PC (Mac too?) version of Zwift takes ages to load. I am up and riding in Bkool Simulator within 20 seconds, whereas Zwift takes at least 1-2 minutes

Mine takes about a minute to start up Zwift. Its a NUC micro PC with very little else running on it. I have kept it that way to keep performance tiptop

JuhaL

Guru
Mine takes about a minute to start up Zwift. Its a NUC micro PC with very little else running on it. I have kept it that way to keep performance tiptop
With me it takes about 1min with iMac to start up, MacBook Pro about 15sec and iPad pro about 10sec.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Just timed it.

1m18s here from desktop till I start riding the default route/world. 23 seconds to do the same in Bkool.

I think the Macbook Pro has an NVMe SSD in it, where as my bike computer (from 2012) only has SATA SSD. I'll try it on my office computer, which has NVMe.

EDIT: ~40 seconds on the office PC (Ryzen 7 3800X CPU and Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD).

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Just dropped in on @IrishAl thanks to @steverob and @peterob directions. He is going very well. I see 300W popping up a bit which is a bit scary.

He’s dropped the power off now. I don’t know what target he’s set for each climb. But we’re a fairly similar weight and ftp and I think I’d be aiming at around 1:15. Even that might be too quick for me though. Dunno...

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Having read some people's accounts of everesting it is insanely hard to pace

I think if you aim for an average watts you think you can sustain then the time is attached to that. Not that the time is very relevant in the end! Just another way of trying to get your pacing right. There’s an Everesting Facebook page I joined a month or so back which has lots of useful stuff on.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
He’s dropped the power off now. I don’t know what target he’s set for each climb. But we’re a fairly similar weight and ftp and I think I’d be aiming at around 1:15. Even that might be too quick for me though. Dunno...
He said the other day he was aiming for 70 mins per climb, which for me is about 3 w/kg .... so based on what he was dong earlier he'll be slowing down later, I assume.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Having read some people's accounts of everesting it is insanely hard to pace
Certainly something I'd love to attempt at some stage, but not able to at the moment. I have to help wife every 60-90 mins so not really conducive to a long day in the saddle. Hopefully when the palliative team and carers can physically visit us again it will free me up a bit more, but fook knows when that will be at the moment :wacko:

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
I think if you aim for an average watts you think you can sustain then the time is attached to that. Not that the time is very relevant in the end! Just another way of trying to get your pacing right. There’s an Everesting Facebook page I joined a month or so back which has lots of useful stuff on.

Any plans?

Top Bottom