Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Tempted to try the Beta Crit City race today at 16:00. Not done one of these 'coned' races so be interesting how they work and how my style of riding works with the sandbagging rules.
It is well worth doing just to see how it works and to watch how many others get hit by penalties! The reason I recorded my ride yesterday (I didn't think I was going to win, although I admit I did have hopes of a good placing if I got in the front group) was because it was my first attempt at this particular format, so I wanted to be able to watch it back later to see who triggered the cone and how it affected them when they did.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Regarding racing times Friday night is a tough sell for me in the long run.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I've not been visiting so much recently. I've been doing less cycling recently, obvious to all those who wait for me to post my rides :laugh:

I am trying to get back into my weight training, which for the first week or two has been a painful process.

I've kept my workouts shorts but heavy(for me), my legs are beginning to gain strength, as is my bench press and arm sessions

I hope it translates into some better endurance in races.:boxing:

JuhaL

Guru
I try to develop more power with my coming rides. Yesterdays 60min group ride on Zwift was good start for that 206w 1hr and 225w 20min. Those numbers are not particular special but they were good for me, especially after night shift with tired legs. Yesterdays ride most of a time i towed other rides, if drowned middle of a group i still keep same effort and soon i found myself front again. It wasn't a race but i decided to to take a stronger ride than i usually do.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It is well worth doing just to see how it works and to watch how many others get hit by penalties! The reason I recorded my ride yesterday (I didn't think I was going to win, although I admit I did have hopes of a good placing if I got in the front group) was because it was my first attempt at this particular format, so I wanted to be able to watch it back later to see who triggered the cone and how it affected them when they did.
There are 2 B riders already signed up in C, so will be interesting if/when they get coned.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Del, Brendan and BL sounds like you all had great rides in the TTT. It’s lovely when you work as a team and it definitely drags more power out my knackered old legs 😁
I had a mare with 7 drop outs 😬 The first at the start so they shot off and I had to make up 11s and just caught them near crest of the first climb . No more drop outs for the first lap. The plan was I lead on the climbs being lightest. I had to hold back because I kept pulling away with our DS shouting at me over dischord 😁 J 22 min 23s for 1st lap. We had planned to speed up on the second- If possible- me and another guy taking it in turns to lead but the drop outs started and there was no way, once out the group, I could get back on. I nearly bailed but decided to finish , backing right off as riders passed me, with a time of 48 min. It was a frustrating ride. I have had 3 days off bike and felt I could well. I know why the drop outs occurred so hopefully won’t happen again.

Del C

Veteran
Del, Brendan and BL sounds like you all had great rides in the TTT. It’s lovely when you work as a team and it definitely drags more power out my knackered old legs 😁
I had a mare with 7 drop outs 😬 The first at the start so they shot off and I had to make up 11s and just caught them near crest of the first climb . No more drop outs for the first lap. The plan was I lead on the climbs being lightest. I had to hold back because I kept pulling away with our DS shouting at me over dischord 😁 J 22 min 23s for 1st lap. We had planned to speed up on the second- If possible- me and another guy taking it in turns to lead but the drop outs started and there was no way, once out the group, I could get back on. I nearly bailed but decided to finish , backing right off as riders passed me, with a time of 48 min. It was a frustrating ride. I have had 3 days off bike and felt I could well. I know why the drop outs occurred so hopefully won’t happen again.
What was the problem?

Don't thank me yet, i try to learn right English terms with trial and error. Probably never learn well enough with my basics :smile:.
I'm reading this and it's very interesting..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200529-062038.png
    Screenshot_20200529-062038.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom