Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I’m going to give the boring answer and say putting in more rather than less miles on the bikes is going to be the thing that builds your endurance Andy?

Im no good for super distance, well cant be bothered with it. 4 hours was enough Monday:heat:. I meant for racing endurance, where repeated attacks, do me in after a while. Weight training is known to help in this regard-heres hoping

JuhaL

Guru
Im no good for super distance, well cant be bothered with it. 4 hours was enough Monday:heat:. I meant for racing endurance, where repeated attacks, do me in after a while. Weight training is known to help in this regard-heres hoping
Andy, have you checked out what Zwift offers after a latest update?. There is new training plan called Zwift Racing, some workouts looks brutal.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It looks that team Cyclechat did excellent work on ZHQ Beta Crit City Race. More detailed report from Brendan and Carl later i believe :becool:
Really enjoyed that. @Brendan Parker was on mega form :notworthy:

Won't go into too much detail as I video'd the race and will (hopefully) put it up later for anyone interested .... but the short story is we set off hard and quickly got into a 7 man group. One of these got 'coned' leaving 6 of us who stayed together to the last lap. No one really attacking - I guess everyone was scared of being coned. Kind of nullified the race in many ways but that helped me as I'm normally dropped in these frantic races :laugh:

Coming up to the last lap I did a mini attack over the climb to see who still had legs .... the answer is everyone :wacko:We then ended up speeding back around the lap to the final climb. I knew Brendan was attacking after the climb but somehow found myself at the back of the group going into it.

Edit - just looked at the video - I did make it back on to Brendan and Pape's wheel, in fact I went over the top of them. But looks like Pape put in some massive watts and he shot past me (then got coned). Brendan is pushing over 6 w/kg, and a coned Pape is still chasing him down :wacko: I pushed hard trying to close the gap but Brendan and Pape sprinted away.

On the video Brendan crossed the line first, Pape 2nd (but then DQ'd) - I was about 20 metres further back

In ZP seems Pape has been kicked out as his power was too high. Another in our group also got kicked out.

For me that was a good Crit race :dance:

Last edited:
Really enjoyed that. @Brendan Parker was on mega form :notworthy:

Won't go into too much detail as I video'd the race and will (hopefully) put it up later for anyone interested .... but the short story is we set off hard and quickly got into a 7 man group. One of these got 'coned' leaving 6 of us who stayed together to the last lap. No one really attacking - I guess everyone was scared of being coned. Kind of nullified the race in many ways but that helped me as I'm normally dropped in these frantic races :laugh:

Coming up to the last lap I did a mini attack over the climb to see who still had legs .... the answer is everyone :wacko:We then ended up speeding back around the lap to the final climb. I knew Brendan was attacking after the climb but somehow found myself at the back of the group going into it. I climbed hard but couldn't get onto Brendan and another guy (Pape) wheels. The other 3 in the group had dropped I think by now. I pushed hard trying to close the gap but Brendan and Pape sprinted away.

Pape seemed to get coned as he crossed the line in 1st. Brendan was a gnat's chuff behind in 2nd and I was about 20 metres further back

In ZP seems Pape has been kicked out as his power was too high. Another in our group also got kicked out.

For me that was a good Crit race :dance:
Great ride mate :okay:, really makes all the difference riding with someone you know, i didn't fancy my chances in a bunch of 6 sprint at the end that why i messaged to have a punt at 1km out, i went, and after about 200mtrs thought oh shoot i ain't making this :eek:, then i had a aero so got on your wheel with that and i think that's what the difference was, that Pape was A cat out for a windup i think,
but either way great ride :okay: i did record it too if you need it :okay:

Whorty

Whorty

Great ride mate :okay:, really makes all the difference riding with someone you know, i didn't fancy my chances in a bunch of 6 sprint at the end that why i messaged to have a punt at 1km out, i went, and after about 200mtrs thought oh shoot i ain't making this :eek:, then i had a aero so got on your wheel with that and i think that's what the difference was, that Pape was A cat out for a windup i think,
but either way great ride :okay: i did record it too if you need it :okay:
Just checked Pape out on ZP - you're right, he's an A (nearly A+) rider. I really don't get why these idiots join C races - fooking idiots.

JuhaL

Guru
Just checked Pape out on ZP - you're right, he's an A (nearly A+) rider. I really don't get why these idiots join C races - fooking idiots.
This isn't any kind of knowledge but i think he probably scared to lose the race on his actual category so he lookin for satisfaction to join lower category. But more or less lag of self-confidence.

Whorty

This isn't any kind of knowledge but i think he probably scared to lose the race on his actual category so he lookin for satisfaction to join lower category. But more or less lag of self-confidence.
But then why not join B? He'd still be way stronger than the B guys and still win - just doesn't make any sense.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

I figured you meant zwift racing Andy. I meant race endurance rather than ultra long distance stuff. I think putting time in on the bike will give you the biggest step forward over weights. Not trying to be negative though bud. It’s all positive 👍

JuhaL

Guru
But then why not join B? He'd still be way stronger than the B guys and still win - just doesn't make any sense.
Must be tell something about his personality, bad self-esteem or self-confidence. Scared to lose the race to riders who match more his level, like you said it doesn't make sense.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I had my worst ever TTT last night In the Frappe premier League. I was dropped on the ascent of the big climb on lap 1. I got over the top of the climb about 10m behind the team but I couldn’t close the gap. My only saving grace is that 2 of my team had been dropped before me. I think the team would have been better to slow Slightly to allow me back on As I’m more of a diesel built for the flatter sections than the hills but hey ho. The team finished in 14th overall Frappe, at 41mins.

My legs still don’t feel good for the higher power needed for races, I only hope they’re back to normal for the team IRL race on Monday.

Top Bottom