Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
From horses mouth mean something like directly from somebody who knows something about it and it's probably true, something like that?.

exactly. My last job was in an electrical power plant and we had a lot of equipment supplied from Germany and Austria. I remember giving the safety talk to some German guys and telling them “no horse play” which is a common phrase for “no fooling around” They gave each other a funny look as they translated for themselves horse play literally meaning to play with horses 😂

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I see 4, possibly 5 recording W/kg over the C limit

CC438.53Sergio de DiosTeam Type 154.0kgVet163cm4.1 wkg227 w7.6 wkg416 w
A+C257.65Joao Ferreira62.0kgMas178cm5.4 wkg337 w10.3 wkg626 w
CC451.28Krishna Ratakonda76.0kgVet188cm3.8 wkg288 w8.3 wkg628 w
CC545.27Michael S.69.0kgVet168cm3.2 wkg219 w4.9 wkg338 w
BC556.63Nick Smith83.0kgVet188cm3.6 wkg303 w7.5 wkg631 w

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Wow yeah I'm guessing that a+ ride may just have made a mistake, can't imagine what he has to gain? He is also probably too powerful for any of us to latch onto for long!

The guy with 3.8w/kg looks like he hasn't hit that in a while (still nearly b though)

It'll all be alright in the night, 4 of us signed up so far.

View: https://youtu.be/HzdIEZu0NCU

Interesting Gcn video on how effective drafting is on a climb. Definitely feels like it is very important on climbs in zwift.

My job today is to try to hang on to Larsen, and try to drop Fagerli. Be nice to beat Oscar Just too, but I'm not too hopeful of that. If anyone goes with the outside cat riders, I'll have to go with them too; but if no one follows then I'll stay too.

As for the parcours tonight, this is my take ....

As always fast out the pens. We then have the drag up and out of the waterfront. Not as long as last week on Harrogate so can't see many of the top guys being troubled here. At the top we turn right and over the bridge to the volcano where we head anti-clockwise.

The volcano section is almost pan flat with just one little lump of about 30 mtrs, and we hit the steep ramp on the way down. Flat then to the right hand fork to the gravel section up to the Italian Village. Due to gravel and slope there could be attacks here, but with the KoM in sight I can't see anything major here.

At the village we head right at the fountain and up the little hill out and towards the KoM. A bit of rolling to the bridge at the base of the KoM. The KoM is a strange one - very steep at first then not particularly high gradients. I think if anyone can stay in the group over the 6-10% early sections then they will stay the full KoM length. This is why I can't see any solo attacks from our main competitors as they will almost certainly get pulled back by a chasing group further up the KoM, or on the descent.

Once over, it's a short fast drop (supertuck anyone!) back towards the seafront. At the bottom we head right and then take the left towards the desert. Slight incline here until we pass the start pens for Tick-Tock/Fuego flats and the it's pretty pan flat for the next 15 mins. I assume the sprint arch will be the only sprint points for this race (and just the one KoM points too) so if I have the legs and I'm in top 4 I'll look to try and grab something here.

I'll be doing my very best wheelsucking on the flats assuming I'm in a group.

The next 'lump' is out of saddle-Springs, probably just under 2 mins here @ 4 w/kg. I attacked here in the race the other day, broke free but then the A rider pulled the other riders back on the road back towards the start! Not sure what I'll do yet, will depend on the group I'm in and how I'm feeling.

We're heading back to the finish/start banner now. It's either wait for the sprint (not for me) or go for a long one. I'll be trying the latter. There is a little climb about 1km out, I'll punch up this and when others drop their power to recover I'll try and kick on. If nothing else, I want to try and nullify some of the big sprints.

What could go wrong?

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member

Norry1

Legendary Member
Thanks for the replies ref a new laptop chaps. I had a bit of a scare with my current laptop and I thought it was on its way out. Not quite so sure now. To answer a few of the queries:
I want a laptop as I spend a fair bit of time on it as well as Zwifting and a deskside wouldn't be practical.
I currently have High Resolution (1080P) and ideally I'd like better than that. How many more levels are there?
Budget is about £1k but less ideally.
Bit of a naff reason, but I plan to use PC World as my backup is with them (Knowhow) and it makes life easier swapping.

Whorty

Thanks for the replies ref a new laptop chaps. I had a bit of a scare with my current laptop and I thought it was on its way out. Not quite so sure now. To answer a few of the queries:
I want a laptop as I spend a fair bit of time on it as well as Zwifting and a deskside wouldn't be practical.
I currently have High Resolution (1080P) and ideally I'd like better than that. How many more levels are there?
Budget is about £1k but less ideally.
Bit of a naff reason, but I plan to use PC World as my backup is with them (Knowhow) and it makes life easier swapping.
I use a relatively cheap PC World Lenovo Ideapad 320s for Zwift and general surfing etc. I even have SQL server installed on there and it runs fine. It has a solid state hard drive (SSD). It is a small screen but I'm fine with that and doesn't impact my Zwifting at all.

mjd1988

Guru
My job today is to try to hang on to Larsen, and try to drop Fagerli. Be nice to beat Oscar Just too, but I'm not too hopeful of that. If anyone goes with the outside cat riders, I'll have to go with them too; but if no one follows then I'll stay too.

As for the parcours tonight, this is my take ....

As always fast out the pens. We then have the drag up and out of the waterfront. Not as long as last week on Harrogate so can't see many of the top guys being troubled here. At the top we turn right and over the bridge to the volcano where we head anti-clockwise.

The volcano section is almost pan flat with just one little lump of about 30 mtrs, and we hit the steep ramp on the way down. Flat then to the right hand fork to the gravel section up to the Italian Village. Due to gravel and slope there could be attacks here, but with the KoM in sight I can't see anything major here.

At the village we head right at the fountain and up the little hill out and towards the KoM. A bit of rolling to the bridge at the base of the KoM. The KoM is a strange one - very steep at first then not particularly high gradients. I think if anyone can stay in the group over the 6-10% early sections then they will stay the full KoM length. This is why I can't see any solo attacks from our main competitors as they will almost certainly get pulled back by a chasing group further up the KoM, or on the descent.

Once over, it's a short fast drop (supertuck anyone!) back towards the seafront. At the bottom we head right and then take the left towards the desert. Slight incline here until we pass the start pens for Tick-Tock/Fuego flats and the it's pretty pan flat for the next 15 mins. I assume the sprint arch will be the only sprint points for this race (and just the one KoM points too) so if I have the legs and I'm in top 4 I'll look to try and grab something here.

I'll be doing my very best wheelsucking on the flats assuming I'm in a group.

The next 'lump' is out of saddle-Springs, probably just under 2 mins here @ 4 w/kg. I attacked here in the race the other day, broke free but then the A rider pulled the other riders back on the road back towards the start! Not sure what I'll do yet, will depend on the group I'm in and how I'm feeling.

We're heading back to the finish/start banner now. It's either wait for the sprint (not for me) or go for a long one. I'll be trying the latter. There is a little climb about 1km out, I'll punch up this and when others drop their power to recover I'll try and kick on. If nothing else, I want to try and nullify some of the big sprints.

What could go wrong?

Good write up. I can imagine the first section of the Kom will break up the field a bit, especially if dbr want to. There is a relatively small field with enough people who could form a successful breakaway do I'll want to be at the front if I can there, especially as the chase pack may be quite small.

The climb out of the tunnel before the end will be key. If I'm there I'll try and go with you on the last lap

Whorty

Good write up. I can imagine the first section of the Kom will break up the field a bit, especially if dbr want to. There is a relatively small field with enough people who could form a successful breakaway do I'll want to be at the front if I can there, especially as the chase pack may be quite small.

The climb out of the tunnel before the end will be key. If I'm there I'll try and go with you on the last lap
If I'm still in the mix that will be my attack point. I recon I'll have just under 2 mins to go at that point so I'm hoping I can push over the top and hold 250-300 watts (3.4 - 4 w/kg) for that period. If I can I hoping it will take the sprint out of most of the guys left. Of course, if I'm on my own at that point I'll just roll in :laugh:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I am currently using a Lenovo P55 (P65?? Can't recall exact model, and the cat is currently sleeping on the laptop so I can't check) Thinkpad as my work device, It has a 4K screen and a P2000 graphics card, the only issue is that with the 15" screen if you run it in 4K mode, you end up with your eyes about 6" from the screen :ohmy::ohmy: At work they provided a 24" 4K monitor, but even there, in native 4K the text is somewhat small unless you run it at 150% DPI Scaling... which in Windows 10 brings a whole 'nother set of problems :rolleyes::rolleyes:. At home I have a "Cheap" BenQ 28" which is "OK" at 4K but again 125% DPI Scaling is recommended ... to make the menus and pop up menus readable. ... One thing that is important, you only get 60Hz refresh using the Display port outlet, the HDMI output is 30Hz if that is important to you.

In the cave of pain I Have a 43" 4K LG TV, which does the job nicely, although font sizing is a little small. It's driven by a 2880 i% processor and a 280GTX 4GB graphics card ... Zwift runs nicely at Ultra HD ... especially once I replaced the HDMI cable which was causing black outs.

Top Bottom