Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I've got a quick question about the ZwiftPower website.

I have my Strava profile set so that all activities are uploaded as private, then if it is an activity I want to share I will edit the activity to make it public. Zwift Power doesn't seem to like this - I'm not getting power data from Strava, even after I have marked the activity as public. I assume this is because the Strava sync from Zwift Power is a one time activity? I have gone into my ZP profile and re-synced my Strava profile but this has not helped to bring through my power data.

Does anyone else do or heard of something similar? Is there a workaround, or will I have to set my Strava profile to automatically upload everything as public and spam my followers??

bobinski

Legendary Member
I am pretty sure ZP require your Strava profile to be public. Isn’t it about verifying performance against real life and squeezing out the cheaters?

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I am pretty sure ZP require your Strava profile to be public. Isn’t it about verifying performance against real like and squeezing out the cheaters?
Bob is correct. The Zwiftpower website does a pull after the race. It's a one time pull unless the race organiser chooses to do a second manual pull which is unlikely.

They ask that your profile is public as there is lots of cheating on zwift. The Zwift Racers take this very seriously and actively seeking out sandbaggers and weight and height doppers.

And all we have to worry about on bkool is the Elite trainer :tongue:

BurningLegs

Veteran
It's a shame that a rider can't initiate a sync of their data - that would work perfectly for me, because I could just set my Zwift races as public and keep the rest more private.

Thanks for confirming how this works though, guys.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob is correct. The Zwiftpower website does a pull after the race. It's a one time pull unless the race organiser chooses to do a second manual pull which is unlikely.

They ask that your profile is public as there is lots of cheating on zwift. The Zwift Racers take this very seriously and actively seeking out sandbaggers and weight and height doppers.

And all we have to worry about on bkool is the Elite trainer :tongue:

Actually, I think you will find that Elite trainers aside ALL other non bkool users have to worry about the Bkool Pro advantage :okay::tongue:

kipster

Guru
I've worked and lived in the south of England now for 30 years and I've obviously picked up some of the lingo.
Unfortunately for me I'm now ostracised by both ends of the country - in the south people still refer to my Northern accent whilst in the North, when I go home, my own family often say things like "A'up ah Ga'reh, don't you speak posh".
It would appear that one cannot please all of the people all of the time ;)
‘aving lived in ‘ampshire for 45 of my 48 years I ‘ave picked up the practice of not pronouncing ‘H’s, good old ‘ampshire ‘og dialect.

BurningLegs

Veteran
You could create another Strava account under burning legs if you're worried about privacy

That's a good idea, and would certainly work. The only downside is that I would lose my Premium benefits for some of my rides unless I pay twice, and I count my Zwift miles towards my annual target (rightly or wrongly).

I understand that the next ZP update will not rely on strava at all.

Do you have anymore information on that? Is there a blog post or something with details of what they're planning/developing?

Perhaps I will just wait it out :smile:

kipster

Guru
That's a good idea, and would certainly work. The only downside is that I would lose my Premium benefits for some of my rides unless I pay twice, and I count my Zwift miles towards my annual target (rightly or wrongly).

Do you have anymore information on that? Is there a blog post or something with details of what they're planning/developing?

You could have one strava account for ZP, and manually import the activies to your more private premium strava account thus ensuring that you don’t lose out on annual totals.

bridgy

Legendary Member

Just have your strava account public for the purposes of Zwift Power but any rides you don't want on your feed, go and manually make private - opposite of what you're doing now in effect?

kipster

Guru
Just have your strava account public for the purposes of Zwift Power but any rides you don't want on your feed, go and manually make private - opposite of what you're doing now in effect?
Any rides marked private don’t count on segment leaderboards though (if segments are important or interesting for you).

bridgy

Legendary Member
Any rides marked private don’t count on segment leaderboards though (if segments are important or interesting for you).
Yeah but @BurningLegs said he currently has all rides default to private unless he manually makes them public so I guess that wouldn't matter as it's no different to what he does now

Top Bottom