Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
If you choose a power meter as the power source from the pairing screen then wheel speed is irrelevant.
Stages is probably cheapest but only reads left crank power and doubles it; and is regarded as one of the most inaccurate. Assioma Duo gets good reviews and is a little cheaper than Powertap P1 set which is probably one of the most accurate. Both can easily be moved onto different bikes. I've had both rate them highly. Garmin Vectors 1 and 2 need a bit of faffing around attaching pods and are not as easily transferable. Not sure about Vector 3s which I'm not sure have been released yet. Many other options but more expensive.
Price is a deciding factor so may have to plump for a left side only. Prefer to keep cost below 300 squid. Maybe the bay of e's has some second hand ones going!

uclown2002

Guru
Price is a deciding factor so may have to plump for a left side only. Prefer to keep cost below 300 squid. Maybe the bay of e's has some second hand ones going!
You might get Stages for that price if you're patient. I sold my Stages Ultegra for £370 but prices might be coming down with all the competition.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I have Powertap Wheels and Powertap P1 pedals. Both are really easy to use with no faffing with calibration etc. The pedals are great for swapping between bikes simply, however they are expensive.

si_c

Guru
First time back on Zwift last night for 6 weeks or so due to having to change things around at home a bit and then being on holiday!

Did an SST short workout, and it was rather harder than I remembered. Good overall session though. May try and get on for the 8pm tonight if I can, but Mrs C is finishing work late, so it may have to be an earlier session instead.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
If you are just doing indoor trainer rides a power meter is, IMO, not necessary. As much as bkool gets roasted for inaccurate power, it has, IME, been consistant in what it states. I would expect most other trainers to be similar in their readings, consistantly inaccurate to a greater or lesser degree.

Yes accurate numbers help in planning your training, but are not a requirement, consistancy is.

@Whorty you need to decide what type you will be going for. Buying anything but maybe a pedal meter may require additional kit, iirc you are using spd mtb pedals, so a pedal system (all seem to be the look keo/spd-sl type currently) would mean new shoes as well. Speak to your lbs about compatability for your bike and make your choice from there.

Whorty

If you are just doing indoor trainer rides a power meter is, IMO, not necessary. As much as bkool gets roasted for inaccurate power, it has, IME, been consistant in what it states. I would expect most other trainers to be similar in their readings, consistantly inaccurate to a greater or lesser degree.

Yes accurate numbers help in planning your training, but are not a requirement, consistancy is.

@Whorty you need to decide what type you will be going for. Buying anything but maybe a pedal meter may require additional kit, iirc you are using spd mtb pedals, so a pedal system (all seem to be the look keo/spd-sl type currently) would mean new shoes as well. Speak to your lbs about compatability for your bike and make your choice from there.
Def not pedals as like you say I'd need new shoes too. One sided crank is most likely option, but I need to find out what type/size I have on my boardman.

Not entirely sold on the idea yet but if I can get a good deal or second hand then might be ok. Getting bored of having my numbers and performance knocked and would like to know what real numbers are. If they prove to be very similar to my bkool pro then I may be sending someone a bill! Anyone know a good lawyer :smile:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Def not pedals as like you say I'd need new shoes too. One sided crank is most likely option, but I need to find out what type/size I have on my boardman.

Not entirely sold on the idea yet but if I can get a good deal or second hand then might be ok. Getting bored of having my numbers and performance knocked and would like to know what real numbers are. If they prove to be very similar to my bkool pro then I may be sending someone a bill! Anyone know a good lawyer :smile:
:laugh:

JLaw

Veteran
First time back on Zwift last night for 6 weeks or so due to having to change things around at home a bit and then being on holiday!

Did an SST short workout, and it was rather harder than I remembered. Good overall session though. May try and get on for the 8pm tonight if I can, but Mrs C is finishing work late, so it may have to be an earlier session instead.
Sadly, no way I can make KISS EUR today. I'm stuck in meetings all (*&Q@#$ day.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Carl borrow or trial first before you decide the power meter. There are several offering. It's only a cheap journey in comparison to an expensive meter

bobinski

Legendary Member

Carl, why do you take it so personally?
Anyway, I don’t :tongue: But if you are right perhaps you should engage bkools lawyers:okay: they might be able to play around with the words “very similar “ .

si_c

Guru
Back with enough time to get on the trainer this afternoon, fscking deflated rear tyre. Lazy ass puncture repair. Try and get on later :wacko:

Whorty

Saw you on zwift so thought I'd join you while I warmed up. As soon as I with you, you hit the power and left me in your dust. I'd only been on the bike for 10 seconds so trying to stay with you while not warmed up was just going to be silly. Kudos for the 1000watt effort :smile: Then off I went to my group workout ride.
Sorry about that ... I saw you as I was doing a sprint interval. I think BKool may have been kind to me again tonight as it felt too easy hitting 1000 watts :sad: I was planning on joining the WBR 1 lap race but decided not to in the end as it just felt too easy tonight.

Top Bottom