Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Assume we ride in Green kit (not that there is anyone else in C tonight) and don’t need to do anything specific on Zwiftpower? Is the best 6 from 9 results worked out on ZP or elsewhere?

Apologies if this has been posted before I’ve not seen it.
Ketty
ZP looks to be down so can't see what C competition is like but I signed up anyway. Hopefully I can give you a help. Let me know what your plan is and I'll try to help you as much as I can.

Del C

Veteran
Sorry guys. Late decision to bale out tonight. Mind isn’t really on it today.

Dad died yesterday. He was 90 years old and had a good life. He’d been in hospital for 2 weeks but went peacefully at the end.

I’ve been doing a load of stuff for Mum today starting the process of sorting out his affairs. All is going ok and I’m going to have a solo ride. Who knows I may even make it Zone 2, but I don’t want the pressure of racing tonight.

Hope you all ride well

Ketty

Über Member
ZP looks to be down so can't see what C competition is like but I signed up anyway. Hopefully I can give you a help. Let me know what your plan is and I'll try to help you as much as I can.
Thanks Carl. No real plan, only small numbers so if I can’t hold front group I don’t have much option other than go it alone!

Ketty

Über Member

Dad died yesterday. He was 90 years old and had a good life. He’d been in hospital for 2 weeks but went peacefully at the end.

I’ve been doing a load of stuff for Mum today starting the process of sorting out his affairs. All is going ok and I’m going to have a solo ride. Who knows I may even make it Zone 2, but I don’t want the pressure of racing tonight.

Hope you all ride well
Thoughts are with you and yours Del. Tim

JuhaL

Guru

Hope you all ride well
Sorry to hear that, sincerely condolences.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I enjoy descending, and normally I'm quite good at it ... Although this descent to Port Des Canonge in Mallorca 2 Years ago, put the lie to that

I also remember clinging to my brakes for dear life descending from Great Dun Fell ... praying for the Gate to appear so I had to come to a stop ... and that is a mostly straight, well maintained, stretch of tarmac ... although it varies from 12-18% ... and hits 21% in places!!

that was a defininte ' oh no ' moment !

I hate descending so I can't even imagine that ... I descended my 1.26 km hill yesterday and it was horrible ... can't contemplate that another 11 times on the bounce :eek:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't descend here. I crashed on a tour a few years ago (at 4mph when I eventually came off.....) and I've not got the confidence back. I'm OK on shallow gradients where I can see where I'm going but once I feel the bike rapidly accelerate away from me I get scared. Its fear of the unknown more than anything.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Hope you all ride well

Del, So sorry to hear that mate. 90y though. Wow. A life lived and a peaceful end.
take care

BurningLegs

Veteran
Well that was a good workout! 7th our of 16th on the road so nothing to write home about - a group of five got away and I chased with a group of four but none of us were really going that hard until the finish when we dropped one on the final climb and I sprinted to 2/3.

Was surprised to see that I set a new best 5min power and pretty much equalled 5sec and 20min:
1594666177156.jpeg

Hope you all ride well
Sorry for your loss Del but what an innings. Take care 👍🏼

mjd1988

Guru

Hope you all ride well

So sorry Del. 90 is a great innings but that doesn't make it any easier I'm sure. If you ever need to talk about it I'm here anytime.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Won’t be able to race tomorrow night unfortunately - shifting was a bit funky last night and got worse tonight. During the race I got a sharp pain in my thumb and noticed this:
1594666937945.jpeg

Assuming the cable has frayed and much worse underneath so replacement required. Hoping to take it to a local guy who does most of my bike work tomorrow. If he’s busy I might race anyway 🙂

mjd1988

Guru
Well that was a good workout! 7th our of 16th on the road so nothing to write home about - a group of five got away and I chased with a group of four but none of us were really going that hard until the finish when we dropped one on the final climb and I sprinted to 2/3.

Was surprised to see that I set a new best 5min power and pretty much equalled 5sec and 20min:
View attachment 535833

You'll have turned pro by the time that baby arrives! Well done

Top Bottom